The best way to increase your immune system is to have a healthy diet. Let’s see what are the favorite foods in winter.
Nutrition and immune defenses are closely related. In fact, the best way to prevent seasonal ailments is to eat foods rich in vitamins and minerals, such as fruits and vegetables: nutrition helps us to remain strong and to keep our body’s defenses high . During the winter, then, the risk of contracting respiratory infections increases, such as Covid-19 Coronavirus spread by Wuhan around the world in the early months of 2020.
Let’s see how to strengthen the immune system during the cold season, choosing the right foods!
How to increase immune defenses: the best foods
• Fruit. Everyone knows that citrus fruits are rich in vitamin C, essential in case of low immune defenses . There are many other fruits, however, full of vitamins, which should be consumed in abundance in the cold season. Among these we find apples, kiwis, grapes and bananas.
• Vegetables. Bitter vegetables, such as radicchio, chicory and dandelion, are excellent for purifying the body. Orange or red ones, such as beets, carrots, tomatoes, peppers and pumpkin, are important sources of vitamin A, C and beta carotene .
• Garlic. Although many people do not like its flavor, garlic should never be missing from winter dishes, because it has antibacterial, antifungal and antibiotic properties , thanks to the presence of sulfur.
• Honey. Honey is a powerful natural antibiotic. Added to hot herbal teas, it is excellent for fighting coughs , sore throats and colds.
Legumes. Rich in protein and iron, legumes should be consumed every day, especially in vegetarian and vegan diets.
• Spices. Pepper, cloves, ginger and cinnamon are detoxifying, help the body to eliminate toxins and are good substitutes for salt.
• Mushrooms. In addition to being delicious and very versatile in the kitchen, mushrooms contain beta-glucans, which strengthen the immune system and help prevent infections . According to some studies, they are also excellent for preventing cancer.
• Yogurt. White yogurt with no added sugar is a source of precious probiotic lactic ferments, which guarantee the proper functioning of the intestine and therefore improve the absorption of vitamins.
• Green tea. Thanks to theanine, green tea strengthens the immune system, protects against free radicals and cleanses the body of waste.
• Dark chocolate. The cocoa from which it is made contains proteins, B vitamins and mineral salts . It has antioxidant properties, stimulates the production of serotonin and fights the action of free radicals.
Almond nougat: the traditional recipe for a magical Christmas!
Preparing homemade almond nougat is the perfect homemade gift for Christmas parties… as long as you manage not to eat...
Autumn looks inspired by the nuances of the earth: how to combine colors
The pop and trendy colors of this autumn 2021 coexist with the classic nuances of all time, such as “khaki”...
Risotto with Barolo: the recipe of Piedmontese excellence
Here is the recipe to follow to prepare a tasty dish of Barolo risotto: soft and tasty, it is perfect...
Creamy cream of fennel and leeks with a curry scent
Cream of fennel and curry leeks: for a quick and tasty dinner, perfect for lovers of vegetables and hot soups....
Delicious and autumnal: here is the mushroom sauce, perfect for your first courses
Quick and easy, here’s how to prepare the mushroom sauce recipe (with and without Thermomix): perfect for seasoning fresh pasta....
Recipes1 week ago
Thursday dumplings! But not just any gnocchi… they are those of Squid Game!
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe