Having long, natural, strong and healthy nails is difficult, but not impossible. Let’s find out how to do it with natural remedies!
We would all like to have natural long nails, without resorting to gel reconstruction, but it is not always easy. In fact, often, very long nails break and crumble.
Being able to keep your nails long and healthy , however, is not impossible, just follow a few simple precautions. Let’s see how to grow and how to cure nails naturally!
How to have long natural nails
1. Fill up with vitamins. To have very long and strong nails it is essential to have a varied and healthy diet, avoiding deficiencies in vitamins and minerals. If that is not enough, you can resort to multivitamin supplements .
2. Don’t eat your nails. Maybe it is obvious, but we tell you anyway: do not gnaw your nails, otherwise not only will they always remain short , but they will weaken.
3. Do the manicure every week . Taking care of your nails is very important. Once a week do a manicure , alone or by the beautician.
4. Do not abuse nail polish and acetone. Manicuring doesn’t always mean putting on nail polish. The continuous use of varnishes and solvents, in fact, damages and weakens the nails. Try to leave them as natural as possible.
5. Use olive oil. Olive oil is excellent for strengthening nails. Every evening, apply a drop on each nail and massage until the oil has absorbed. Once a week, then, leave the nails to soak for a quarter of an hour in a mix of olive oil and lemon juice.
6. Protect your nails. To have long natural nails it is also important to avoid contact with aggressive detergents and cleaners . When doing household chores, always use rubber gloves.
7. Short them with the file. Even if you want to grow your nails, you need to regularly shorten them, to get rid of the damaged part. Do not use the nail clippers or scissors , which could flake them, better the file.
8. Don’t forget the base polish. Before applying a colored polish, apply a strengthening and protective base polish on the nails.
9. Always use the cream. To prevent your nails and skin from drying out, apply a moisturizer several times a day.
10. Choose the right shape. Long nails are fragile, so it is important to choose a shape that does not make them even more delicate . The best is the squoval one, that is square, but with slightly rounded corners.
How to have long pointed nails
Now that you have very long and well-groomed nails, you can also create fantastic pointed nails, also called stiletto . They are often made for special occasions, to amaze and create surprising looks: here’s how to do it!
• Use a file more resistant and harder than the usual one: you will have to work with more care and attention, but also with a lot of patience!
• Once you have obtained it, file the nail alternating right and left sides to avoid any asymmetries .
• Obviously, the more you file, the more you will accentuate the toe effect, so be careful to stop in time and once you have reached the ideal shape repeat for each nail.