Feet can swell for a variety of reasons. In order to soothe the pain, you can use some of grandma’s old remedies. Find out which ones!
Women are most likely to suffer from swollen feet. The causes are many: pregnancy, high heels, blood circulation problems or sitting all day long.
Pregnant women suffer from this problem more than others, but also people with bad habits or those with specific job needs can have swollen feet at end of the day.
Why does it happen? The reason is simple: often, the problem is water retention. That is, liquids build up in your feet and ankles. Water retention can be due to the following factors: heart problems, liver problems, kidney failure, menopause, overweight and inactivity. Let’s find out how to eliminate this problem with some very powerful methods!
How to reduce feet swelling: natural remedies
1. Herbal teas. You can drink as many as you want, especially in winter, when a hot drink is even more enjoyable. Try nettle, blueberry, dandelion or ivy herbal teas.
2. Massages. From the ankles to the toes, a foot massage has many benefits, such as promoting blood circulation. You can use an essential oil or a refreshing gel, but also chamomile herbal tea. Another common method is to place a little ball under the sole and move it around or up and down.
3. Outdoor activities. In order to reactivate the blood circulation, we need to stay outdoor! Let’s ride a bike around our house or let’s have a long walk to soothe the pain. Stretching or swimming are also useful to reduce foot swelling.
4. Water and a healthy diet. If this problem is due to overweight, following a healthy diet can help reducing the swelling and reaching your target weight. In this case, it is also fundamental to drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
5. Foothbath. Mix hot water with coarse salt or oatmeal e put your feet inside for at least 15 minutes before going to sleep.
Which are the causes of swollen and painful feet?
As we mentioned, there are a lot of reasons that can cause this problem. The most common ones are:
– lesions or blows. In this cases, we suggest ice compresses different times a day.
– heel pain, restless leg syndrome and other similar problems can cause foot and ankle swelling.
– heart or kidney problems. Sometimes, foot swelling can be caused by a kidney or heart failure.
– foot swelling during pregnancy. This is a very common symptom in pregnant women. It usually happens around the 20th week. In this case, it is better to see your gynecologist.
– venous insufficiency. If you suffer from this problem, it is possible that other than foot swelling, you also experience skin color changes, infections and ulcers.
– swollen feet and diabetes. This disease can cause the so-called diabetic foot, a complication of diabetes mellitus that can cause ankle and foot problems.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/photos/beach-sedia-a-sdraio-piedi-1845311/
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Carnival zeppole: don’t call them pancakes!
At Carnival, every fried dish is therefore the go-ahead for our recipe for Carnival donuts: a truly amazing typical dessert....
Not only in winter, tartan will also be worn in summer: the trend on the s/s 2023 catwalks
No longer just in winter, starting this year we will wear tartan also during the summer: here are the garments...
Sugar-free pumpkin pie: a light dessert!
Soft and sweet, pumpkin pie is a classic of homemade pies. Try it even without sugar! Sugar-free pumpkin pie is...
A savory mix of flavors in the famous jambalaya
The term jambalaya indicates a famous Creole dish, typical of Louisiana, full of flavors, including rice, fish, meat and vegetables....
Ankle boots that have no age: the iconic Dr Martens are super trendy even in 2023
To be combined with striped shirts to follow the grunge style and even with elegant dresses, this is how Dr...
Food1 week ago
Vegan diet: useful for the body and for the environment, here’s everything you need to know
Recipes1 week ago
How to cook with ginger: 10 recipes to make the most of it and enhance it
Recipes6 days ago
How to make crepes: the simple video recipe for making the neutral dough (and some tasty inspiration)
Beauty1 week ago
Sneakers brands: what are their most popular models?