Low temperatures and dry lips: a combination you know all too well? To prevent this from happening, here are some tips… super valuable! Here’s what they are.
When the cold arrives, we cannot help but take care of our skin: the skin dries up much more easily and for this reason we must resort to the right moisturizers . The same goes, of course, also for the lips: it is one of the most exposed parts of the body and, consequently, they dry out with extreme ease. To avoid having dry lips, therefore chapped, we must follow some tips. Let’s find out what they are!
How to protect the lips from the cold?
• Drink lots of water. One of the most important rules to follow regardless of the season is to hydrate as much as possible. Let’s drink at least 2 liters a day , in order to make the skin even softer and more elastic.
– Follow a correct diet. If we have the problem of dry and chapped lips, we must also learn to adopt a healthy diet. This means that our meals must be rich in vitamins and antioxidants, in order to make the skin softer and more hydrated, therefore also the lips.
– Do a scrub. It is also important to do a scrub at least once a week: even a mix of honey and sugar , ready in less than a minute, can help us solve the problem!
– Purchase a lip balm. One of the must-have products of our beauty case, lip balm, helps us to hydrate, nourish and protect them from the cold. Also to be used as a base before applying lipstick. In addition, lipstick, especially if matte and used alone, can dry out the lips more, which is why balm is really important.
– Cover them with a scarf. If there is wind or the cold is too much, we must absolutely cover our lips: let’s protect them from the cold with a scarf and keep them warm!
If we follow these 5 tips, our lips will thank us … If the problem persists we can always resort to some natural remedy for chapped lips .