Colds and nasal congestion are very annoying, let’s see which are the most effective natural remedies for a stuffy nose.
One of the most annoying symptoms of colds and flu is undoubtedly nasal congestion . A stuffy nose, in the absence of fever, does not need specific pharmacological treatments, but it is possible to resort to natural remedies to get some relief.
Let’s see how to get rid of the stuffy nose with home remedies, which our grandmothers also used.
Stuffed nose: natural remedies
1. Suffimigi with sodium bicarbonate and eucalyptus. One of the simplest and most effective natural remedies for colds is the steam bath. Bring a liter of water to a boil in a saucepan, add a tablespoon of baking soda and / or a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil, cover your head with a towel and approach the steam.
If you don’t have eucalyptus essential oil or baking soda at home, you can use a tablespoon of coarse salt . You will see that after a few minutes you will be able to breathe better.
2. Hot herbal teas. Excellent against nasal congestion, cough, sore throat and other flu symptoms are hot herbal teas, especially those based on ginger and echinacea, which also help to raise the immune system.
3. Hot broth. Just like herbal teas, hot broth is also excellent for decongesting the respiratory tract.
4. Onion. Cutting an onion not only makes your eyes water, it also helps clear a stuffy nose. As you slice it, try to breathe deeply.
5. Spices. Chilli, ginger and black pepper help to decongest the nose. You can add these spices to your diet, but also to herbal teas (without overdoing the quantities).
6. Sesame oil. A few drops of this oil, previously heated, should be applied in the nostrils with a finger, to facilitate the expulsion of mucus and counteract the dryness of the mucous membranes.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...