Chicken with almonds is perfect for those who love typical Chinese cuisine and want to try their hand at preparations of this type. Great for a second dish different from the usual!
Chicken with almonds is an ideal dish for those who love particular recipes with strong flavors . This preparation is a classic of Chinese cuisine, which can also be enjoyed as a single dish when paired with basmati rice.
Usually, to make this dish, the breast is used, which is then combined with soy sauce, ginger and onion, so as to take on all the typical scents of the East . Here is the recipe, let’s start right away !
How to make almond chicken breast: original recipe
- Start by cutting the chicken breast into cubes, then pass them in the corn starch to cover them well.
- Take a large non-stick pan, heat a tablespoon of seed oil and toast the sliced almonds.
- Take the toasted almonds and set them aside. In the same pan, add a little more seed oil and brown the thinly sliced onion with the grated ginger .
- When the onion has become transparent, add the chicken, brown well on both sides then continue cooking for another 10-15 minutes . Just before the chicken is cooked, add the soy sauce and toasted almonds. Let the sauce thicken a little and serve hot.
Your chicken with soy sauce and almonds is ready. Enjoy your meal !
And here are many other recipes with almonds for you : try them all!
How to make almond chicken with the Thermomix
- Cut the breast into small pieces and pass them in the corn starch. Meanwhile, put the almonds in the Thermomix jug and chop them at speed. 5 for about 20 seconds .
- Once done, add a drizzle of oil and then cook at 100 ° C for about 2 minutes at vel. 2. When the almonds are toasted, remove them. Add the oil, ginger , onions and a few tablespoons of soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes at speed. 5 to 100 ° C.
- It’s time for the chicken. Insert the butterfly , then put the pieces of meat inside the jug and cook for about ten minutes, always at 100 ° C, in an anticlockwise mode. Drizzle with soy sauce and serve immediately!
Chicken with almonds without soy sauce
If you do not have it at home or this ingredient does not satisfy your tastes (also because of its strong flavor) you can use a simple liquid to wet the chicken and make it creamy, such as water or broth.
If you are looking for a similar alternative, you can use balsamic vinegar instead: two tablespoons will suffice !
Do you like Chinese cuisine ? Then we also recommend the duck with pineapple .
This recipe can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, inside a special food container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison