Among the sweet vegan recipes, vegan zeppole are a workhorse in all kitchens (even in ours). Let’s prepare them together step by step.
The zeppole di San Giuseppe can be considered the typical sweets par excellence to be presented on every table on March 19th, on the occasion of Father’s Day. If you had chosen a vegan diet, don’t worry, on the contrary, you can simply transform the original recipe into an alternative and tasty 100% vegetable delicacy. Having said that, let’s see together how to prepare vegan zeppole in the oven.
Preparation of vegan zeppole in the oven
- To prepare the dough for the donuts, put 125 ml of water in a saucepan with 40 g of margarine and bring to a boil. Once it reaches boiling point, remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Take 50 g of 00 flour and 30 g of sifted corn starch and add them, mixing them vigorously, until the dough comes off the walls.
- Take the planetary mixer and transfer the dough into it.
- Add the soy milk, along with the yeast and 3 g of turmeric (approx.). Knead the dough at medium speed for about 40 minutes (work the dough by hand because it is difficult and tiring).
- Move the dough into a pastry bag and arrange it neatly in the special pan lined with baking paper, paying attention to achieve the perfect shape of the zeppola (first a disc of about 5 cm and then a cornice around it).
- Meanwhile, turn on the oven and bring it to a temperature of 180 ° C. Once the donuts are ready, cook them in the oven at this temperature for 30 minutes .
- While you wait for the donuts to cook, you can move on to making the custard. Take a saucepan and mix the remaining corn starch with the turmeric.
- Pour in the vegetable drink and continue to mix using a whisk.
- Add the vanilla extract and move the saucepan over the heat.
- 13. Bring the saucepan to a boil and cook for about 2/3 minutes (the cream will not be ready until the classic consistency is reached).
- Transfer the cream to another bowl and let it cool.
- Once the donuts are cooked and the cream has cooled, you can combine everything (even the sour cherries in syrup on the top of the cake) to obtain the succulent vegan donuts in the oven, ready to be eaten.
The variant of vegan zeppole baked with the Thermomix
An alternative to working the mixture, considering that doing it by hand turns out to be a real undertaking, is to use the high-performance Thermomix food processor. The vegan zeppole in the oven, with the use of the Thermomix, will be even easier to prepare and the result obtained could be even better. Operation is simple: go to step 5 by inserting the dough into the Thermomix jug, turn it on and set it to speed 4 . Once worked, you can continue with the other points as per the instructions given above and get your vegan zeppole in the oven.
And it doesn’t end there, you can also decide to try the classic zeppole .
Even if, with the passage of time, the zeppole tend to lose their goodness, you can keep the vegan zeppole di San Giuseppe in the oven in the refrigerator, covered with film or in a closed container, for a couple of days or so . Another alternative: they can remain frozen in the freezer for about a month .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...