For a light and healthy snack, prepare special chickpea sticks, or crunchy and flavored sticks to be baked in the oven.
For all snack lovers, we have an absolutely interesting proposal. No more caloric and not very nutritious snacks, from today there is the recipe for baked chickpea sticks. We are talking about crunchy sticks that are made with chickpea flour and contain all the healthy taste of these legumes. The result is so delicious that one leads to another.
These snacks are also very versatile, because the dough can be flavored with a variety of ingredients. In short, we are faced with a simple snack that can be customized to your liking!
Preparation of crispy chickpea sticks
- In a bowl, pour the chickpea flour and cornmeal and mix.
- Fill a saucepan with water and add the salt and chopped rosemary . Put on the fire and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, line a low-sided baking tray with parchment paper, brushed with oil .
- When it boils, pour in the flours. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, while stirring constantly with a hand whisk.
- When you notice that the mixture has thickened, turn off and pour it onto the lined pan. Distribute it to obtain a sheet of about 5 mm thick . If it has lumps, smooth it with a blender before pouring it on the pan.
- Let it cool like this for about 1 hour .
- When it appears completely hardened, transfer it to a cutting board. Cut it into slices, obtaining many thin strips , as if they were long fries.
- Place the chickpea sticks on the baking sheet (lined with baking paper). Bake in the oven at 200 ° C for 30 minutes , remembering to turn them on the other side halfway through cooking.
Tips for flavoring them
To add flavor to these crunchy sticks, the basic recipe involves adding rosemary to the dough. As already explained, however, this recipe is very versatile and can be customized with a variety of flavors. A very popular version is that of chickpea sticks with rosemary and paprika . To make it, you can add the paprika together with the other aromatic herb, at the beginning of cooking. To make this recipe always new, you can also use other flavors such as thyme, marjoram, sage.
Serve these snacks hot, accompanying them with your favorite sauce. To make every snack delicious, you can keep the chickpea sticks for 2-3 days in a container, heating them a little in the oven if necessary.
If you are a lover of chickpea flour, you can also find it in the delicious vegan eggplant meatballs recipe.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!