Let’s see what are all the cosmetic properties of sweet almond oil and how to use it for the face, body and hair.
Sweet almond oil is a true portentous to hydrate, nourish and regenerate the skin and hair. It is obtained from the oily seed contained within the fruit of the plant, by cold pressing. It can be used pure, or mixed with other vegetable oils and essential oils. Being very delicate, it is excellent for both adult and children’s skin.
Sweet almond oil: the uses
– Almond oil is excellent for hydrating dry and sensitive skin after bathing and showering. Massaged on still wet skin, as our grandmothers did, it makes it elastic, without greasing too much.
– Sweet almond oil on stretch marks improves its appearance, thanks to its regenerating properties. It is also recommended to use it for pregnant women, starting from the third month of pregnancy, to make the skin elastic and prevent the appearance of stretch marks .
– This oil is also excellent for protecting infant skin from diaper rashes and for gently removing the milky crust.
– On the face, it is excellent for gently removing make-up from the skin . You can use a few drops on a pad of wet cotton wool before cleaning. But be careful: it is not suitable for oily skin, because it can clog pores and cause blackheads .
– Finally, it is possible to use sweet almond oil on the hair before shampooing, as a natural anti-frizz pack. A few drops on the lengths before drying, however, prevent damage to the crease.
Sweet almond oil: the properties
In short, almond oil is rich in beneficial properties. It contains a very high percentage of unsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, vitamins A and E , amino acids, mineral salts and carbohydrates.
All these elements give it emollient, softening, nourishing and soothing properties . In addition, it is excellent for regenerating skin and hair, thanks to the antioxidant action of vitamins A and E.
ultimo aggiornamento: 23-02-2020