Preparing homemade almond nougat is the perfect homemade gift for Christmas parties… as long as you manage not to eat it all! Let’s find out the quick and easy recipe.
Almond nougat is a must for the winter period, which seduces with its unmistakable sugary aroma. The recipe that we propose today, will allow you to make a soft and delicious one , to be enjoyed at the end of a meal, as a gift to friends or accompanied by a hot chocolate.
Nothing is more iconic at Christmas than almond nougat, white as snow and lightly spiced. Those who try their hand at the production of this fantastic dessert, however, often complain of disappointing results. Thanks to our tricks, you can make a real gourmet one , pleasant to bite and delicate on the palate. Furthermore, by slightly modifying some preparation steps, you will be able to customize the taste, hardness and degree of sweetness. The almond nougat recipe that we propose can be enriched with candied fruit, citrus peel or a mix of dried fruit. You can also pour extra dark chocolate at the end of preparation, so as to make the dessert irresistible and sinful.
How to make almond nougat
- Place a saucepan on the stove and fill it halfway with water. Place a container inside it so that you can cook in a double boiler.
- Pour the honey into the container and keep the heat high until the water comes to a boil, then bring it to low.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and, when the honey reaches 70 ° C , incorporate them little by little with a wooden spoon.
- You will get a white but irregular mixture, so equip yourself with an electric mixer and emulsify for 5 minutes. You will see the density of your mixture increase, which will appear as a soft cream.
- The remaining cooking phase, which ensures softness of the nougat, must last about an hour . However, if you want a more compact and crunchy cake, it will take 90 minutes.
- Continue to cook in a bain-marie and every 7-10 minutes emulsify the mixture with the electric mixer for 120 seconds. Do this without moving the pot from the stove and keeping the flame to a minimum.
- At the end of 60 (or 90) minutes , add the dried fruit, give it a gentle stir and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture on the wafer sheet, distribute it evenly with a spatula, then lay the second sheet on the surface and press with the palm of your hand.
- Let the homemade almond nougat reach room temperature, then move it for the next 12 hours in a cool, dry place.
- After this time, cut the cake into pieces and treat yourself to a break of pure pleasure.
This almond-only version is perhaps our favorite. But what about the classic recipe ?
Almond nougat can be kept in the pantry, just take care to wrap it in baking paper. It also keeps well for months , the important thing is that the environment is free of humidity.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...