Paparot is a typical first course of Friuli reminiscent of the classic polenta. Serve it as a first course or with the sausage and you won’t regret it.
By now we all know: traditional Italian cuisine hides many recipes which, although very good, have ended up in oblivion. Among these is the paparot, a Friulian soup, or rather, to be precise, from the Pordenone area, prepared with corn flour and spinach. It is therefore not difficult to understand that it is a poor dish prepared with what the farmers had available.
Today some people add sausage and so, this polenta with Friulian spinach turns into a real single dish. We will give you the basic recipe but, if you want to cook the sausage separately and accompany the soup, so be it! Ready to discover the recipe that will warm up your autumn evenings?
How to prepare the paparot recipe
- First wash the spinach and put it in a saucepan without adding fat or water. Close with the lid and let them dry over medium-low heat for about 5 minutes. Since there are so many spinach, it may be necessary to proceed in two times.
- Once ready, if any vegetation water remains, squeeze them with your hands or mash them in a colander.
- Transfer them to a cutting board and chop them coarsely with a knife.
- Now put a large pot on the stove and brown the garlic clove in the oil .
- Remove it and add the spinach .
- Pour in the water, add a teaspoon of coarse salt and bring to a boil.
- At this point pour in the flour , stirring with a whisk to prevent lumps from forming and start cooking the paparot.
- It will take about 30 minutes for your soup to be ready.
- Finally, off the heat, flavor it with butter and serve.
As mentioned, the paparot, the Friulian soup made with polenta and spinach, can also be served as a single dish accompanied with sausage cooked in a pan or melted cheese. Among the other typical recipes of Friuli instead we recommend you try the frico made with potatoes and cheese.
Unlike the classic polenta, paparot should be eaten freshly made due to its consistency similar to soup.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...