Suitable as an appetizer or as a light second course, anchovies alla povera di Livorno are prepared with an easy recipe.
Do you have little time to prepare an appetizer or a second course that will amaze your guests? You can make a good impression by serving the anchovies poorly. It is a Tuscan recipe ready in a few minutes and for which very few ingredients are needed. What should not be missing is the blue fish that is the protagonist. For this typical dish, choose medium-sized anchovies. The main step is the one that involves marinating. To make it perfect, carefully observe the times and doses of the ingredients, such as vinegar and oil, to be used to flavor the fish.
Let’s not delay and go to the kitchen to prepare this original recipe!
Preparation of the recipe for anchovies alla poor
- First, remove the small heads from the anchovies, clean the inside and remove the bones.
- Wash the meats, dab with a cloth and put them in a colander.
- After a while, arrange the fillets on the bottom of a large container, without putting them too much on top of each other.
- Fill with vinegar and lemon juice until the anchovies are completely covered.
- Leave to marinate like this for up to 3 hours .
- After this time, drain the fillets and dry them with absorbent paper.
- In another clean container or bowl, arrange half of the fillets. Cover with the finely chopped onion and a little chopped red pepper.
- Arrange a second layer of fish, then more onion, chilli and cover with oil, poured slowly.
- Let it rest for about 2 hours , then serve.
Presented in this way, the alici alla povera are really tasty. The preparation is excellent as an appetizer or second course of fish, because it is light and healthy. You can keep the product covered, in the fridge and for a maximum of 2 days.
We also recommend the recipe for pasta with anchovies !
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...