The rustic apple pie is a recipe that tastes of ancient thanks to the presence of wholemeal flour, brown sugar and nuts.
The scent of apple pie that invades the house brings to mind childhood memories , of grandmothers in the kitchen and happy moments. These, even if they have passed, can be revived by making a rustic apple pie: at the first taste you will find yourself smiling and traveling back in time. Yes, because this is the power of a recipe, to make us remember things we thought we had forgotten.
To make this rustic apple pie we decided to use wholemeal flour and brown sugar , adding walnuts to the apples to give it flavor and crunchiness. The result is truly amazing and in no time you will have a dessert ready for breakfast or a snack.
How to make the rustic apple pie recipe
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add the sugar and whisk everything with an electric mixer until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Then add the wholemeal flour , baking powder and vanilla , alternating it with the milk and mix well until the mixture is lump-free.
- Now peel the apples , core them and cut them into slices.
- Incorporate them into the mixture, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Also add the coarsely chopped walnuts with your hands.
- Pour everything into a 22 cm diameter mold lined with parchment paper and bake at 180 ° C for 40-45 minutes . Before baking, as always, proceed with the toothpick test.
- Serve the rustic apple pie decorating to taste with a sprinkling of icing sugar once it has cooled completely.
If like us you love desserts with apples then our collection of apple pies will literally take you by the throat!
Rustic Apple Pie can be stored out of the refrigerator under a cake bell for 2-3 days . For safety, during the hottest season, you can also keep it in the refrigerator.