Apple pie with Barolo grappa is a dessert that combines the sweetness of apples with the vanilla aroma of grappa, ideal for a tasty end to a meal!
When it comes to desserts, one cannot help but immediately think of apple pie, one of the most popular desserts on Italian tables and which is prepared in many different variations . Today we will prepare a somewhat particular and different version from the usual: the apple pie with Barolo grappa.
Here, the classic soft and delicious apple pie is enriched by the flavor of a product with a surprising aroma and taste: grappa di Barolo, a brandy that is obtained from Nebbiolo pomace and which is produced and distilled in the Piedmontese Langhe . Characterized by an intense aroma and a soft and decisive taste, with aromas reminiscent of vanilla, it is also perfect for use in the kitchen.
Let’s go and see all the ingredients we will need to cook this delicious cake flavored with Barolo grappa!
Preparation of apple pie with Barolo grappa
- First, take the apples and peel them , then remove the inner core and cut a part into cubes and a part into thin slices . Leave them aside.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk the yolks of your 4 eggs with the sugar. Stir with a whisk or fork until the mixture becomes lighter and fluffy .
- Add the milk and Barolo grappa, which will give the dough a flavored flavor reminiscent of vanilla.
- Sift and add the flour and the sachet of baking powder, and finally also a grated lemon peel.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff and add them to the mixture.
- As a last step, add the diced apples and mix well.
- Put the dough in a buttered pan and level well. Garnish with the slices of apples, arranging them in a radial pattern and trying to get a nice visual effect.
- Bake the cake in the oven at 180 ° C for about 25-30 minutes .
- Once it is ready, let it cool for a few minutes and serve with a sprinkling of icing sugar. Your apple pie with Barolo grappa is ready, enjoy your meal!
And if you liked it, then you should definitely try our whole coconut cake !
This cake can be kept out of the fridge, in a cool and dry place for about 2-3 days and under a cake bell. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...