Preparing the puffed pasta takes some time but the result is truly amazing, especially if enriched with cheese and pepper.
We have heard a lot about it but what is puffed pasta? This particular recipe has conquered the sweet tooth due to its crunchiness and versatility. Perfect to serve as an aperitif or to nibble sitting on the sofa , it is nothing more than pasta subjected to three different cooking methods. The difficulty therefore lies in the preparation time but then, once you have tasted the fried pasta, we can guarantee you that you will fall in love with it.
In fact, the puffed pasta recipe is not complicated at all but requires some care. First you will have to cook it for a long time in water, then dry it and finally fry it . It is not possible to prepare the puffed pasta in the oven because the result would not only have nothing to do with the original, but it would not even be edible. Ready to cook?
How to make puffed pasta
- First, boil the pasta of the size you prefer in plenty of salted water for twice the time indicated on the package.
- Once ready, drain and cool it under a jet of cold water to remove any starch residues.
- Spread it out on a clean cloth and let it dry for an hour.
- Then proceed with drying : in the oven at 40 ° C for 4 hours or in the dryer for 5-6 hours, as long as it becomes crunchy.
- Now it’s time for frying. Heat plenty of seed oil until it reaches 190 ° C-200 ° C and fry the pasta a little at a time for a few seconds. It is ready as soon as it inflates.
- Drain with a slotted spoon, pass on absorbent paper and serve.
As you can see, it is an easy but a little long recipe. The best way to enjoy it is to prepare the puffed pasta with cheese and pepper by distributing plenty of grated pecorino cheese and freshly ground black pepper on the still hot pasta. You will have all the flavors of cacio e pepe in one of the tastiest appetizers ever.
The puffed pasta can be kept for a few days in a hermetically sealed container.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...