Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the Greek baked potatoes, a true concentrate of Mediterranean flavors and aromas.
We know what you are thinking but no, Greek potatoes are not just baked potatoes. They hide a secret that we will reveal to you shortly and that allows you to enhance all the flavors of this apparently so simple side dish. Yes, because baked potatoes are a wildcard that goes with anything, but these we guarantee that if possible they are even better.
To make this recipe with potatoes so sensational is the addition of aromatic herbs , first of all dill, already the protagonist of another symbolic dish of Greek cuisine, the tzatziki sauce, but also chopped oregano and rosemary. Adding garlic powder, chilli and paprika will do the rest. And the secret? Adding lemon juice when cooked. Brilliant right?
How to prepare the Greek potato recipe
- If you use organic potatoes you can also keep the peel otherwise we advise you to remove it. Then wash them under running water and cut them into wedges.
- As they are ready, put them in a bowl.
- Season them with the oil and add all the spices and aromas: dried dill, rosemary and oregano , garlic, chilli and paprika powder, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper . Mix well to distribute all the aromas.
- Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 200 ° C for 45-50 minutes or until crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- Serve them sprinkled with lemon juice and your Greek baked potato side dish is ready to serve.
Greek potatoes can be kept in the refrigerator for a couple of days, however, even if reheated (better in the oven or in a pan) they will no longer be as crunchy as they originally were.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!