Incredibly irresistible, mazzafame fritters are one of the most loved and appreciated street food in Abruzzo.
The mazzafame fritters are a typical dish of central-southern Italy that takes a different name depending on the area. With this name they are known above all in Abruzzo where they represent the street food par excellence and are eaten as a snack alone or stuffed with ham.
Prepared with a simple dough made from flour, milk, yeast and oil, they are left to rise and then fried in boiling oil. The shape can vary from the classic circular and slightly flattened , to that of small balls to be enjoyed in a single bite. The result is however amazing, especially if tasted hot as soon as it is done.
How to prepare the recipe for mazzafame pancakes
The preparation is quite simple and resembles that of a traditional pizza dough. Here’s how to do it.
- To prepare the mazzafame pancakes, start by mixing the two types of flour with the sugar in a bowl.
- Separately, dissolve the yeast in the warm milk and add it to the flours.
- Also add the oil and salt and start kneading vigorously with your hands until you get a smooth and homogeneous dough.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl, cover it with a cloth and let it rise for 2-3 hours , until it has doubled in volume.
- Now you just have to give the pancakes the characteristic shape: tear off small portions with your hands and flatten them slightly on the pastry board. Continue until the dough is used up.
- In the meantime, heat plenty of seed oil to a temperature of 170 ° C.
- Start frying the pancakes, a few at a time, until they are uniformly golden.
- Drain them with a slotted spoon and pass them on absorbent paper before enjoying them.
The mazzafame fritters are known in Campania with the name of fried pizza and are served with a little tomato and fresh basil.
These pancakes should be consumed at the moment , as the hours pass, the pasta loses its typical crunchiness that makes them delicious. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison