The artichoke pie with lentils, carrots and onion is a simple and very tasty single vegetarian dish. Here’s how it is prepared!
Today we explain how to prepare a delicious artichoke pie with the addition of cooked lentils with onion and carrots. Unlike classic pies or flans, this recipe does not involve the use of eggs, cheese, milk or cream. In this way you can satisfy even those who are intolerant to these ingredients.
Let’s see the ingredients and the recipe immediately!
Preparation of the artichoke pie without bechamel
- First, rinse the lentils under water and then pour them into a saucepan. Cover with about 350 ml of water, put on the stove and bring to a boil . Peel the onion and slice it thinly then peel the carrots, peel them and cut them into slices.
- Add the carrot and onion to the lentils and cook for 10 minutes. After this time, season with water, if necessary add a little more water and continue cooking for another 10 minutes .
- When the lentils are soft and the mixture creamy, turn off the heat, add the chopped chives, mix and set aside.
- At this point, move on to the artichokes: clean the artichokes, remove the stems, the outer leaves and the tips. Cut the artichokes in half, remove the internal hay then cut them into wedges.
- Quickly rinse the artichokes then cook them in a pan with the garlic oil for 12-15 minutes.
- When cooked, add the artichokes to the lentils, mix well and serve with the help of a pastry ring. Serve the patties hot, warm or cold according to your taste . Enjoy your meal!
If you want to make your dish unique, you can add bay leaves to the cooking water of the lentils or dried tomatoes.
If you prefer, you can try the artichokes stuffed with millet .
PHOTO SOURCE: https://pixabay.com/it/carciofi-piatto-lenticchie-cucina-2368559/
We recommend keeping the lentil and artichoke pie for a maximum of 1 day in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...