The mini-cutlets of eggplant with aromatic herbs are a delicious finger food and perfect with a sparkling aperitif.
The mini-cutlets of eggplant with aromatic herbs are a vegetarian reinterpretation of chicken cutlets or similar . To ensure that they can be enjoyed as finger food (i.e. food to eat with your hands, perhaps standing up) you need to cut the aubergine into slices that are not too large, or cut the classic round fettona in half.
The breading is enriched with chopped aromatic herbs which gives the aubergine greater freshness. The only precaution to have, before preparing these mini-cutlets , is to put the aubergines in a colander, sprinkled with coarse salt, for a couple of hours, so that they lose their bitter liquid.
Preparation of the mini eggplant cutlets
- To prepare your aubergine mini-cutlets with aromatic herbs, slice the aubergines and carry out the above procedure so that they lose their bitter liquid .
- After the necessary time, rinse them to remove the coarse salt and liquid residues and dry them well on a clean cloth.
- Finely chop the mix of herbs to your liking, then basil, mint, thyme, fresh oregano, parsley, etc.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and add the chopped herbs.
- Prepare the flour and breadcrumbs on two separate plates, in order to facilitate the breading work. Flour the aubergines, then pass them in the egg and finally in the breadcrumbs, repeating the operation once more.
- Heat plenty of sunflower or extra virgin olive oil and fry the aubergines, without overloading, otherwise the oil temperature will drop too much.
- Drain on a few sheets of absorbent paper and serve your mini-cutlets of aubergines with aromatic herbs decorating with a few mint or basil leaves.
Did you like the recipe? To find out some more tips or variations on the preparation, we have also prepared the classic recipe for fried aubergines for you.
These mini aubergines should be eaten as an aperitif or appetizer as soon as they are ready, when the frying is still hot . We do not recommend keeping them in the refrigerator as they will quickly lose all the qualities that make them so good.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Hairstyles for 18 years: some ideas to draw inspiration from
Some nice and quick ideas for the easiest and most beautiful 18 year old hairstyles to wear. Coming of age...
Tiramisu without mascarpone: if you haven’t tasted it yet, you are in time to fix it
The recipe for tiramisu without mascarpone is an alternative to the more classic spoon dessert, here's how to prepare it!...
Shorts know no age and can be worn without worries even at 50
Like love, shorts have no age and are worn even at 50, focusing on the right models. Who said that...
Tasty pumpkin and speck pasta: the first dish of autumn
Do you want delicious first courses? Pasta with pumpkin and speck is the one for you! Here's how to prepare...
Sarcopenia, what it is: symptoms and treatment of the disease
What is sarcopenia? Pathology involving the muscular system, involves a gradual loss of autonomy: symptoms and causes. Sarcopenia is a...
Health1 week ago
Nervous breakdown: how to recognize it and what to do
Fashion1 week ago
Wedding shoes like sparkling: here are the inspo and low cost jewel models
Fashion1 week ago
Ode to the maxi dress of summer 2022, a mix and match of elegance and comfort
Beauty1 week ago
Lip contour: what are the most effective creams and serums?