Baked fennel are a healthy and tasty side dish that can be transformed into an excellent vegan second course.
Baked fennel is a quick recipe to prepare and that doesn’t keep us too busy if we have to entertain guests or at the same time prepare some other more complex dish . Before moving on to the preparation we will delight you with a recipe, to be taken into account when you want to combine vegetables with a wine.
Once upon a time, the tavern-keepers used to offer raw fennel to those who were preparing to buy wine on their premises. They were not generous, they did it because the substances contained in the fennel prevented from appreciating the taste of the wine and not noticing its low quality or its vinegar flavor. From this inelegant habit was born the way of saying “let yourself be fooled”.
No more chatter, it’s time to cook. Let’s move on to the recipe !
Preparation of baked fennel
- Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Meanwhile, wash the fennel under running water. Eliminate the outermost parts and stems. Wash them again and dry them.
- With a very sharp knife cut them into vertical slices with a thickness of just under one centimeter.
- Prepare a baking tray by lining it with parchment paper (or a special baking dish).
- Place the now dry fennel slices on them and brush them with part of the EVO oil.
- Prepare chopped parsley and add it to the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Separately, emulsify the oil and lemon together, stirring quickly with a fork . Then add the liquid to the dry mixture that will be used to season the vegetables.
- Pour the “breading” over the fennel, give a quick stir and put in the oven for 20-25 minutes . The fennel must begin to brown, as well as the grated breadcrumbs.
- Serve the baked gratin flakes on the table while still hot.
The variants: even lighter or with béchamel
This is a light and very quick side dish to prepare, when you don’t have time but don’t want to give up a portion of vegetables. If you want you can prepare the fennel in the light oven, or better still light, omitting the breadcrumbs . They will be delicious anyway, maybe raise the temperature for a few minutes before taking out of the oven and put the grill or ventilated mode, to form that crust on the surface that will not make you miss the crunchy bread.
If, on the other hand, you want to make the dish more greedy and caloric, you just need to make a winning combination: baked fennel with béchamel. These are also very simple to do, you have to add the béchamel to the pan , perhaps alternating a layer of fennel with one of béchamel (like a delicious lasagna) and at the end add a little breadcrumbs and a drizzle of oil, or simply pouring the liquid in the container and always putting in the oven for about 20-25 minutes . To make it, all you have to do is follow our recipe , or buy it ready-made in the best supermarkets. Also try the version with the addition of extra cheese .
The dish, and its variants, of baked fennel can be kept for about 2 days in the refrigerator in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...