The banana risotto recipe is very quick to prepare and you will bring to the table a dish with an exotic taste and a note of sweetness.
Banana risotto is a very particular first course with a creamy taste and a hint of sweetness. For those who love traditional recipes it can be a gamble, but if you want to try something with a different flavor this recipe is for you. The ingredients you need are few and essential and we advise you to use the quality of rice you prefer to make this banana risotto.
Risotto is one of the most loved dishes of the Italian culinary tradition for which there are really many ways and ingredients to cook it. In recent years, a new trend has been created , which sees it more and more often also made with fruit. The fruit-based risottos that are more pleasant are certainly those that use low-acid fruits . Thanks to their low acidity, they go well with salty and bitter ingredients without creating unpleasant combinations. Let’s see together how to prepare our simple recipe.
Preparation of banana risotto
- Fry the shallot in a pan with a drizzle of oil until golden.
- Add the rice and toast it, then add half a glass of white wine.
- Meanwhile, mash a banana with a fork until you get a puree .
- Bring the rice to ideal cooking by gradually adding the vegetable broth.
- Halfway through cooking, add half the banana puree.
- After the time indicated in the rice package, and before mixing it, add the other half of the banana.
- Mix everything with butter and Parmesan .
- To add a little extra flavor, add a grind of black pepper before serving and a few slices of banana cut into decoration and add a dash of acacia honey to taste on each plate.
If you liked this particular and unusual recipe and you want to try an equally creamy rice, we suggest you prepare the risotto with mascarpone and pink pepper , an explosion of taste for your palate!
It is advisable to consume this risotto once cooked , but if it should be left over, we recommend keeping it in the fridge for a day. To revive it later you can heat it in a pan with a knob of butter .