The beehive cake recipe is like that of a classic cheesecake with an extra touch of sweetness and lots of imagination.
The recipe for this honey cheesecake , better known as the beehive cake, is really easy to make and with the help of bubble wrap you can recreate the shape of a beehive on the surface that children will love. This cake is obviously highly recommended for lovers of this sweet nectar with many scented variations, you can decide to use the classic acacia honey, or dare with the strongest chestnut or wildflower honey. In short, are you really spoiled for choice, ready to prepare it?
Preparation of the beehive cake
The beehive cake recipe is very simple, it is nothing more than a delicious cheesecake . To make the beehive cells, however, we recommend that you get some bubble wrap. And now let’s go prepare it!
- Melt the butter in the microwave or in a saucepan.
- Crumble the biscuits with a mixer and mix with the melted butter.
- Pour into the bottom of a 16 cm mold and press it well with a fork.
- Put in the freezer for about 1 hour .
- Let’s now prepare the cream cheese. In a bowl in a double boiler, pour the yolk, hot water, sugar and honey.
- Cook over low heat until the sugars are well dissolved, then turn off the heat and add the mascarpone.
- Rehydrate the gelatin in cold water. The weight of the water must be 5 times the weight of the gelatin you use.
- Add the lemon juice and the well-squeezed gelatin to the mixture.
- Whip the cream and add it to the rest of the ingredients and mix carefully without disassembling everything (with a spatula from bottom to top.
- Divide the cream into two parts, add a few drops of yellow gel dye in one half and mix well.
- Pour the non-colored mixture into the mold with the crumbled dry biscuit base. Immediately afterwards, add the colored cream carefully, so that the two compounds do not mix with each other. To do this, we recommend placing a marisa between the two creams, and pouring the second mixture over it in order to obtain two well-separated layers.
- Cut out a 15 cm circle of bubble wrap and press gently on the cream leaving it on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 3 hours .
- Remove the cheesecake from the mold and the bubble wrap gently.
- To decorate the cake pour some honey on the surface.
Did you like this preparation? Then also try all our other cheesecake recipes , and have fun in the kitchen!
The beehive cake can be kept in the fridge for 4-5 days , we do not recommend freezing.