The famous knotted ring-shaped bread becomes small and the tasty Pretzel morsels are born, to be made at home.
We have tasted them all over the world and in any way. Now, we offer them in a really mini format . Pretzel morsels are delicious nuggets with a soft and fragrant dough. The basic preparation is the same that is used to create the famous knotted ring-shaped bread , also known as Bretzel . To make them, you need a few simple ingredients, such as flour, water, honey and – above all – lots of coarse salt. Easy to make at home, let’s see how to prepare them with and without Thermomix.
Preparing the recipe for Pretzel morsels
- Start by heating the water in a saucepan. Pour the brewer’s yeast inside and stir to make it melt.
- Let this mixture rest until bubbles appear on the surface.
- Add the honey and mix to mix everything.
- In a bowl, pour the flour and salt . Add the water with the dissolved yeast and work with an electric mixer (or directly with your hands).
- Transfer the firm dough to another bowl, lightly greased with oil, and cover with cling film.
- Let it rise in a warm place for about 2 hours .
- After this time, mash the dough with your hands. Then, let it rise for another 45 minutes .
- Subsequently, divide the dough into 4 parts and give each the shape of a small loaf.
- Cut each into small pieces (morsels).
- Take a pan, fill it with water and add the baking soda .
- Bring to a boil and put the morsels, which you have to cook for about 45 seconds . Once done, drain and place them on absorbent paper.
- Take a low-sided baking tray and line it with parchment paper before spreading the morsels on top.
- Sprinkle them with coarse salt and cook in the oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes .
- When cooked, brush them with melted butter and serve.
Preparation of Pretzel morsels with Thermomix
- Heat the water in a saucepan and melt the brewer’s yeast inside. Let it sit.
- Add honey and mix.
- Pour the flour into the mixing bowl of the food processor and add the fine salt . Pour in the water with the dissolved yeast.
- Knead for 3 minutes at Spiga speed .
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased bowl and cover with cling film. Let rise for 2 hours .
- After this time, mash the dough with your hands and then let it rise for another 45 minutes .
- Next, divide it into 4 parts , giving them the shape of small strands. Cut each into small bites .
- Fill a pan with water and add the baking soda .
- Bring to a boil before immersing the morsels and cooking for 45 seconds . Then, drain them and place them on absorbent paper.
- Line a low-sided baking tray with parchment paper and spread over the morsels, sprinkling them with coarse salt .
- Bake in the oven at 200 ° C for 10 minutes and, when cooked, brush them with butter .
The best advice is to enjoy these special hot Pretzel morsels. If you want to keep them, you can do so in an airtight container , keeping them for up to 1 week .
Alternatively, try the delicious Pretzel sandwiches .