Waking up in the morning becomes easier if there is a delicious breakfast waiting for us with healthy and natural ingredients: the bounty porridge.
Porridge is an oat soup very dear to the Anglo-Saxons, who have managed to conquer the palates of many, declining it in the most delicious ways. The recipe we propose is inspired by a very tasty but light chocolate and coconut snack: ready to taste the bounty fit porridge? With the right variations, this breakfast can become a vegan and gluten-free porridge with coconut and chocolate. Just choose a vegetable milk (perhaps with coconut or almonds, or oatmeal) instead of water and replace the cow’s milk yogurt with soy. Oatmeal is easily digested and does not increase the glycemic index, helping to stay full longer. Perfect therefore for children’s breakfast, but also for a post-workout snack. The bounty porridge recipe is ready to conquer our tables.
Preparing the bounty porridge recipe
- Put the oat flakes, the rapé coconut (leaving a spoon aside) and the water in a saucepan, bringing everything to a boil over medium-low heat.
- Lower the heat and add the protein powder.
- While the porridge cooks by absorbing the water, melt the chocolate in a double boiler or microwave for 50 seconds. For a bounty porridge fit choose a chocolate with at least 70% cocoa.
- When the oats have swollen and the water has completely dried, place the porridge in a bowl.
- Mix the remaining coconut with the yogurt, and cover the porridge lying in the bowl.
- Pour the melted chocolate over the layer of yogurt.
- Enjoy it warm, or put it in the fridge for 30 minutes , so that the chocolate resolidifies.
A precious trick to reduce preparation time is to coarsely blend the oat flakes, which will be cooked in a few minutes. Also, you can skip the melting chocolate step and for added convenience try chopping the chocolate and mixing it into the porridge as it cools. If you want a totally vegan porridge, replace yogurt or milk with a vegetable product instead.
You can make Bounty porridge the night before, and leave it in the fridge for the next morning. In the refrigerator, it can be stored for 3 days.
If you are looking for another recipe for a healthy and balanced breakfast, try the whole oat porridge .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...