There is no better way to start the day than with a soft and light vegan brioche. Here’s how we prepare it.
Following a vegan diet may seem difficult and full of sacrifices. In fact, there are very few vegan products on sale at the supermarket and looking for someone that is without eggs, milk or butter could prove to be a real undertaking. This is why today we want to share with you the vegan brioche recipe, prepared with a light and fragrant dough without eggs, milk and butter.
For a vegan brioche the ingredients you will need are flour, water, sugar and seed oil . Green light then to the fillings you prefer to choose between jam or chocolate. Also nice is the idea of decorating the surface with sugar grains, so as to give it an extra touch of sweetness.
How to prepare vegan brioche with the easy recipe
- First, mix the two flours and take 95 g from the total.
- Transfer this small amount to a bowl with the yeast and 100 ml of water , also taken from the total.
- Stir and let rise for an hour in the oven turned off with the light on.
- Then add the remaining flour , the salt, the vanilla bean seeds taken by cutting it lengthwise, the sugar and the water .
- Start kneading and add the oil a little at a time (you can perform these steps by hand, in a planetary mixer by mounting the dough hook, or with a thermomix, as we see later).
- Then form a ball and put it to rise in the oven turned off with the light on for 3 hours .
- Transfer the dough to the floured pastry board and flatten it slightly with your hands.
- Make a round of three folds , first bringing the right flap over the central one and then covering with the left one, then folding the upper part in the center and then the lower one.
- Turn so that the closures remain down and leave to rise for another hour.
- With a rolling pin roll out the dough to form a 1 cm thick circle .
- Obtain 8 wedges and roll them starting from the longest side up to the tip.
- Put them to rise in the oven turned off with the light on for an hour.
- At this point, cook the vegan brioches at 180 ° C for 15 minutes.
- Serve them cold or warm.
If you want to add a filling, place it at the base of the triangle, but do not overdo it or it will tend to come out. Alternatively, once ready, syringe them with jam, dairy-free hazelnut cream or egg-free custard.
How to prepare vegan brioche with the Thermomix
- Pour 95 g of flour taken from the total, the yeast and 100 g of water into the jug and mix for 1 min. speed 2.
- Let rise by transferring the jug with the lid into the oven with the light on.
- Then add the remaining flour , sugar, vanilla bean seeds and water and knead 3 min. speed Ear.
- Drizzle in the oil from the cap and knead for 1 min. speed Ear.
- Turn the dough over on a pastry board, form a ball and leave to rise in the oven with the light on for 3 hours.
- Then proceed with three folds: spread the dough to form a rectangle , fold the side flaps first, then the upper and lower ones.
- Turn the dough so that the closure is facing down and let it rise for an hour in the oven off with the light on.
- Roll out the dough to form a circle one centimeter thick, then cut into 8 wedges.
- If you like, lay some filling at the base of the triangle and roll up.
- Put the vegan brioches to rise in the oven that is turned off with the light on for an hour.
- Then cook them at 180 ° C for 15 minutes, letting them cool before serving.
If you liked this recipe, we recommend that you also try the vegan croissants : we are sure you will like them!
As soon as they have cooled down, transfer the vegan brioches into airtight bags. They will keep soft for up to 4 days .