The recipe for stuffed bread with ham and cheese is really delicious. Here’s how to make it from scratch, starting with the loaf.
If you too are tired of serving sad slices of bread to your guests, now is the time to try stuffed bread. This delight, also known as pull apart bread , is obtained by cutting the surface of a loaf and stuffing the spaces with ingredients of your choice. We have prepared a bread stuffed with ham and cheese but you can use all the ingredients you prefer.
The idea of preparing bread stuffed with vegetables is also excellent, to be served both as an appetizer and with a side dish . The stuffed loaf can be prepared at home from scratch, as we are about to show you, or purchased already made to speed up the time for making the recipe. You will not find anyone able to give up the goodness of your stuffed bread!
How to make homemade stuffed bread
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the loaf . In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Then add the flour and start kneading, adding the salt almost to the last.
- Work the dough vigorously on the pastry board then put it to rise in a bowl covered with film, in the oven off with the light on until doubled . It will take about a couple of hours.
- Then transfer the dough onto a floured baking sheet, giving it the classic shape of a loaf.
- Let it rise again for an hour .
- Cook at 220 ° C for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 200 ° C and cook for another 15 minutes and finally lower it to 180 ° C and finish cooking for the next 15 minutes. The loaf is ready once a crust has formed on the surface and will sound almost empty when tapped on the bottom.
- Let it cool completely before proceeding with the preparation of the stuffed bread.
- When cold, cut the surface of the loaf with perpendicular cuts a couple of centimeters deep.
- Insert in each of them a piece of ham and a slice of cheese.
- Season the whole surface with a drizzle of oil and bake at 180 ° C for 15 minutes.
- Serve the bread hot.
In a similar way you can prepare the stuffed bread in the oven by replacing the ham with vegetables and thus make a vegetarian version . In this case, we recommend using previously grilled courgettes, aubergines or peppers.
The stuffed bread recipe is truly amazing and you can make it with any type of homemade bread .
The homemade stuffed bread is good when it is still warm and the cheese is stringy. If you have any leftovers, keep it out of the refrigerator for up to one day , then reheat it in the oven before consuming.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...