The recipe for stuffed bread with ham and cheese is really delicious. Here’s how to make it from scratch, starting with the loaf.
If you too are tired of serving sad slices of bread to your guests, now is the time to try stuffed bread. This delight, also known as pull apart bread , is obtained by cutting the surface of a loaf and stuffing the spaces with ingredients of your choice. We have prepared a bread stuffed with ham and cheese but you can use all the ingredients you prefer.
The idea of preparing bread stuffed with vegetables is also excellent, to be served both as an appetizer and with a side dish . The stuffed loaf can be prepared at home from scratch, as we are about to show you, or purchased already made to speed up the time for making the recipe. You will not find anyone able to give up the goodness of your stuffed bread!
How to make homemade stuffed bread
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the loaf . In a bowl, dissolve the yeast in the water.
- Then add the flour and start kneading, adding the salt almost to the last.
- Work the dough vigorously on the pastry board then put it to rise in a bowl covered with film, in the oven off with the light on until doubled . It will take about a couple of hours.
- Then transfer the dough onto a floured baking sheet, giving it the classic shape of a loaf.
- Let it rise again for an hour .
- Cook at 220 ° C for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 200 ° C and cook for another 15 minutes and finally lower it to 180 ° C and finish cooking for the next 15 minutes. The loaf is ready once a crust has formed on the surface and will sound almost empty when tapped on the bottom.
- Let it cool completely before proceeding with the preparation of the stuffed bread.
- When cold, cut the surface of the loaf with perpendicular cuts a couple of centimeters deep.
- Insert in each of them a piece of ham and a slice of cheese.
- Season the whole surface with a drizzle of oil and bake at 180 ° C for 15 minutes.
- Serve the bread hot.
In a similar way you can prepare the stuffed bread in the oven by replacing the ham with vegetables and thus make a vegetarian version . In this case, we recommend using previously grilled courgettes, aubergines or peppers.
The stuffed bread recipe is truly amazing and you can make it with any type of homemade bread .
The homemade stuffed bread is good when it is still warm and the cheese is stringy. If you have any leftovers, keep it out of the refrigerator for up to one day , then reheat it in the oven before consuming.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...