How to prepare fresh or canned broccoli and tuna pasta? We will tell you the steps (and some little advice).
If you are looking for inspiration for a delicious first course, try the broccoli and tuna pasta recipe. It is a tasty and satiating dish, to be included among the quick and simple preparations. Furthermore, based on the ingredients you have available in your cupboard, you can create alternative variants to the basic recipe . The main ingredients are tuna, which can be in oil or fresh, and Roman broccoli. But in the preparation of this dish you can indulge yourself and add cherry tomatoes, olives, capers. You can also replace the broccoli with turnip greens, for a stronger taste . Also play with aromatic herbs, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, pepper or chilli.
Use your favorite pasta, it goes perfectly with paccheri, fusilli, penne or rigatoni, but the dish is also delicious by choosing long pasta, such as linguina or bucatino. And now stop writing, let’s go straight to the kitchen!
Preparation of pasta with broccoli and tuna
- Wash and cut the broccoli into coarse pieces, and blanch it in salted water for 5 minutes , draining it al dente. In the meantime, put the pasta pot on the stove.
- In a pan, sauté the olive oil with the garlic, and sauté the freshly blanched broccoli. If you want a red variant, it’s time to add some cherry tomatoes too, which will give color to the dish.
- Add the tuna. If it is fresh, make cubes of about one centimeter. If you like it, add the olives and capers at this stage of preparation.
- Cook the pasta, draining it a couple of minutes earlier than the package directions.
- Finish cooking the pasta in the pan with the tuna and broccoli. Mix the ingredients together, adding the pepper, and the chosen aromatic herbs. If you want a very creamy effect, turn off the heat, and give the pasta a little extra oil before serving. The oil with the heat and starch of the pasta creates a shiny and creamy emulsion that is very inviting.
For a star chef touch, try serving this first course with a sprinkling of grated lemon. It will give a fresh flavor, enhancing the tuna with each forkful . Or you can try the variant of pasta with broccoli, tuna and olives (why not maybe even the cherry tomatoes), just put everything in the pan together with the tuna and broccoli while the pasta is cooking, this version reminds us so much of the gypsy pasta !
The pasta seasoned with broccoli and tuna can be kept in the fridge, in an airtight container for a day . Alternatively, you can freeze the condiment, already portioned, to defrost it when needed. The already cooked sauce should be stored in the freezer for a maximum of three months .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...