Butternut pumpkin and radicchio in panzanella: a real all-natural delicacy, for those who love contrasting flavors.
Butternut pumpkin and radicchio in panzanella can be interpreted as a single dish , perhaps for a not too substantial dinner, or as a rich side dish for cheeses (ideal for aged ones, which blend well with the aromas of these vegetables) or for cold cuts and eggs.
Pumpkin, a true concentrate of virtues as well as radicchio, rich in antioxidants, is here combined with bread soaked in water and balsamic vinegar and red wine, as in the classic panzanella .
Butternut squash, so to speak, is the one in the shape of a large pear or violin case.
If you love particular flavors this dish is for you.
Preparation of butternut squash with radicchio in panzanella
- To prepare your butternut pumpkin and radicchio in panzanella, peel the pumpkin (save the seeds for other recipes, after having toasted them). Cut it into slices and then arrange it on a baking sheet or an ovenproof dish and bake it at 200 ° C until it is soft and cooked .
- In the meantime, soak the stale bread (one or two days before) with balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and a little water.
- After it has softened, crumble it coarsely and place it in a bowl.
- When the pumpkin is well roasted, add salt and add it to the bread .
- Cut the well-washed radicchio into strips and add it to the rest.
- Complete with a handful of crumbled feta or walnuts, extra virgin olive oil and a well chopped red onion.
Serve your butternut squash and radicchio in panzanella as a dish in itself or rich side dish and, to understand how to bake it in the oven, follow all our preparation tips .
This recipe, having the bread soaked, is to be consumed at the moment otherwise it will lose its perfect consistency. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!