Unlike a classic onion soup, Calabrian licurdia is slightly spicy, but it’s the cheeses that make it so amazing!
There are dishes that evoke ancestral memories just to smell them. Among these stands out the licurdia, the Calabrian onion soup prepared with the precious red Tropea onions , known for their sweet and delicate flavor. The main difference between this dish and a classic Tropea onion soup lies in the presence of chilli . After all, we could not expect anything different from a typical Calabrian product!
The recipe calls for the use, in addition to onions, of another typical ingredient of the area: the Sitano caciocavallo . It is this amazing cheese that makes the soup greedy and creamy beyond belief and, let me tell you, serving it with toasted bread is truly the best way to enjoy it. Let’s find out how to make licurdia with the original recipe.
How to prepare the Calabrian licurdia recipe
- First peel the onions, cut them in half and slice them rather finely .
- Put them in a saucepan, preferably terracotta.
- Also peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes of about 1 cm and add them to the onions.
- Cover with water, add a pinch of salt and the chopped chilli pepper to the knife and start cooking. It will take approximately 30 minutes for the onions and potatoes to be well cooked.
- In the meantime, cut the caciocavallo into cubes (you can also grate it with a grater with large holes) and grate the pecorino.
- Toast the slices of bread and set them aside.
- Once the soup is ready, distribute it on the plates and complete with diced caciocavallo and grated pecorino. Accompanied also with toasted bread which, as desired, can be placed directly on the bottom of the plate .
- Serve immediately.
This delicious recipe is perfect for warming up autumn evenings. If you want to try the variant without chilli because spicy recipes are not for you, then try the classic Tropea onion soup : you will not regret it.
You can keep the licurdia in the refrigerator for 2-3 days and reheat it just before serving. We guarantee it will be even better!
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!