Calabrian ravioli with stocco are a tasty first course typical of southern cuisine. This is how ravioli stuffed with stockfish are prepared.
Country you go, ravioli you find. The pasta shapes, also filled, are perfect for bringing to the table all the flavors and ingredients typical of a territory. Calabrian ravioli with stocco are certainly no exception. They belong to the category of ravioli stuffed with fish and, although they are little known outside Calabria, they really deserve to be tried.
This typical Calabrian dish, usually seasoned with tomato sauce or cherry tomatoes , is not very difficult to prepare. As you know by now, stockfish is nothing more than dried cod (while cod is always cod but preserved in salt), and is used for the filling together with spinach, parsley, garlic and grated cheese. Here is then explained how the stockfish ravioli to be so good.
How to prepare the recipe for Calabrian ravioli with stocco
- First you need to soak the stockfish for at least 6 days , changing the water daily. Alternatively, if you find it, you can buy the stockfish already soaked.
- The day you dedicate yourself to the preparation of real ravioli, start with pasta. Gather the flour in a bowl, make a well and break 4 eggs in the center.
- Start kneading first with a fork then by hand, transferring the dough to the pastry board.
- Work vigorously for about ten minutes then let the dough rest under an overturned bowl for about 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, dedicate yourself to the filling. Finely chop the garlic, onion and parsley and brown them in a pan with a drizzle of oil.
- Add the chopped stockfish with a knife, the spinach and cook for a few minutes, just long enough for them to wilt.
- Then blend everything and add the grated cheese, eggs, just enough breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt.
- Roll out the dough as thin as possible and then start forming the ravioli. Keep in mind that the Calabrian ravioli with stocco with the original recipe are square.
- Close the pasta well, sealing the closing points, and boil the ravioli in abundant salted water for 3-4 minutes.
- Separately, prepare the sauce by browning oil, garlic and chilli in the oil. Add the tomato pulp, a pinch of salt and cook for about ten minutes.
- Once the ravioli are ready, toss with the sauce.
Also try the fish ravioli to discover a new way of considering stuffed pasta.
The ravioli with stockfish still to be cooked can be stored for a day in the refrigerator or for a few months in the freezer . Once cooked, however, they keep for a couple of days in the fridge, well covered with plastic wrap.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!