The caramelized banana recipe is prepared in no time and the result is a truly unique spoon dessert!
Caramelized bananas are often a dessert we see in American films when the protagonist needs something truly greedy to cheer himself up. This spoon dessert, in fact, in addition to being very sweet, is also very nutritious and is prepared with few ingredients and in record time. The caramelized banana is also very versatile and can also be used as an accompaniment to a dessert with a delicate taste, together with ice cream or together with a slice of cake.
Preparation of caramelized bananas
- First, start peeling the bananas and cut them into slices lengthwise at least half a centimeter wide.
- Caramelize the granulated sugar in a saucepan and melt it over low heat until it reaches a nice amber color.
- At this point add the butter and let it melt, mixing to obtain a mixture as homogeneous as possible.
- When the mixture is uniform, add the bananas and cook them for just one minute .
- Add a little water and let it cook for a couple of minutes until it has evaporated almost completely.
- Serve your dessert warm with a spoon or as an accompaniment to a nice scoop of vanilla or cream ice cream.
If you liked this recipe and you want to try something with a similar preparation, we recommend that you also prepare caramelized apples which are a delicacy and a very special snack.
A tip from Primo Chef
If you want to give a stronger tone and flavor to your caramelized bananas instead of water, you can use rum or red wine. You can also add grated orange peel to the caramel to flavor your dessert.
You can keep caramelized bananas in a container, in the refrigerator, for up to 2 days . We do not recommend freezing.