If you’ve always wondered how to caramelize fruit, this article is perfect for you. Here are our tips for great caramelized fruit.
Caramelized fruit definitely has an edge over the classic fruit. We are therefore not surprised that it is especially the little ones who love it. In fact, however, it is a preparation suitable for every occasion and every palate.
The beauty of caramelized fruit is that it can be prepared with any type of fruit , preferably in season. Some varieties, such as peaches, apricots, apples and pears, can be caramelized with the skin while others should be cleaned. Plus, without significant recipe changes, you can prepare both caramelized fruit skewers and caramelized apples, just as they are used to eat in America. What do you say have we intrigued you?
How to caramelize fruit
- The first step is to clean the chosen fruit . If you decide to caramelize it whole or opt for varieties of fruit with edible peel, be sure to wash it thoroughly under running water.
- Then dry it with kitchen paper.
- Cut the fruit into slices that are not too thick (about 1 cm) and, if you like, skewer them on skewers . This will make it easier to maneuver.
- Now that the fruit is ready, let’s see how to prepare the caramel. Put the sugar , butter , cream and agave syrup in a saucepan and melt the sugar.
- From the moment of boiling, then calculate about ten minutes of cooking. This is the time it takes to obtain an amber caramel.
- Then dip the fruit on the skewers and as it is ready place it on a sheet of parchment paper to dry.
- Serve once cold .
The caramelized fruit with the recipe that we have proposed is really simple to obtain. We also recommend you try caramelized apples , a recipe that just can’t be missing, especially on Halloween.
Caramelized fruit can be stored out of the refrigerator, in a cool, dry place for up to a week.