Carrot and pea cream patties can be a simple vegetarian appetizer or a side dish for main courses.
Carrot and pea cream pies are delicacies to be served as an entrée or paired with meat, fish, cheeses and eggs. Carrot patties are made with grated carrots, milk, eggs, butter and flour, and are then served with a pea mousse – if it’s not in season, frozen ones will do.
In the photo, the pie is presented with an edible fern sprout, a common ingredient in Anglo-Saxon countries but which is very difficult to find here : however, know that if you want to use these sprouts, you will necessarily have to boil or fry them, because they are raw. they are harmful to health.
Preparation of carrot cakes with pea cream
- To prepare your carrot and pea cream cakes, peel the carrots, cut them into slices and then steam them or boil them in water.
- Transfer the carrots to a mixer and operate it to obtain a smooth carrot puree.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and mix vigorously until you get a roux, which is the base of the béchamel.
- Heat the milk and then pour it slowly into the saucepan, continuing to stir, over low heat, until the béchamel has thickened.
- Season with salt, then remove from heat and add the carrot puree.
- Let it cool and then add the eggs, mixing everything well.
- Pour the mixture into lightly oiled or buttered molds and cook for an hour at 160 ° C.
- Boil the peas in salted water, then drain and cook them in a pan with oil and a chopped shallot.
- Subsequently, emulsify them with enough ricotta, extra virgin olive oil, mint.
- Remove from the oven and serve with pea mousse.
If you like this ingredient, then you must also try preparingcarrots in a pan .
Keep the patties in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1-2 days , well covered with cling film. The same for the mousse, although it is likely to lose its texture as when it is freshly made. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer for both.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!