Carrot and pea cream patties can be a simple vegetarian appetizer or a side dish for main courses.
Carrot and pea cream pies are delicacies to be served as an entrée or paired with meat, fish, cheeses and eggs. Carrot patties are made with grated carrots, milk, eggs, butter and flour, and are then served with a pea mousse – if it’s not in season, frozen ones will do.
In the photo, the pie is presented with an edible fern sprout, a common ingredient in Anglo-Saxon countries but which is very difficult to find here : however, know that if you want to use these sprouts, you will necessarily have to boil or fry them, because they are raw. they are harmful to health.
Preparation of carrot cakes with pea cream
- To prepare your carrot and pea cream cakes, peel the carrots, cut them into slices and then steam them or boil them in water.
- Transfer the carrots to a mixer and operate it to obtain a smooth carrot puree.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, add the flour and mix vigorously until you get a roux, which is the base of the béchamel.
- Heat the milk and then pour it slowly into the saucepan, continuing to stir, over low heat, until the béchamel has thickened.
- Season with salt, then remove from heat and add the carrot puree.
- Let it cool and then add the eggs, mixing everything well.
- Pour the mixture into lightly oiled or buttered molds and cook for an hour at 160 ° C.
- Boil the peas in salted water, then drain and cook them in a pan with oil and a chopped shallot.
- Subsequently, emulsify them with enough ricotta, extra virgin olive oil, mint.
- Remove from the oven and serve with pea mousse.
If you like this ingredient, then you must also try preparingcarrots in a pan .
Keep the patties in the refrigerator for a maximum of 1-2 days , well covered with cling film. The same for the mousse, although it is likely to lose its texture as when it is freshly made. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer for both.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
There is no Easter breakfast without the Roman regrown pizza
The Easter regrown pizza is a typical product of Rome, prepared for breakfast and stuffed in many ways. The original...
Have you ever tried our gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry?
A very simple recipe to prepare at home for those suffering from intolerances: the gluten-free vegan shortcrust pastry will please...
Easter Mazurek, an amazing Polish dessert
Mazurek is a Polish dessert typical of the Easter period made up of a crunchy base stuffed with jam and...
Pastitsio: the super tasty Greek first course
Pastitsio is a typical Greek first course known to be very similar to baked pasta. Here’s how to prepare it...
Crepes without gluten and lactose, the perfect recipe for everyone!
Enjoy a moment of sweet relaxation with delicious gluten-free and lactose-free crepes. We will make you who are intolerant satisfied...