One of the best preserves is that of chanterelles in oil. Also called cockerels, these are mushrooms with a very particular appearance and flavor.
Among the many varieties of mushrooms present on the Italian territory, this is one of the most widespread. The recipe for chanterelles in oil allows you to have them available for a long time and, why not, to pass them from one territory to another. In Piedmont, this variety is also called cockerel , due to the jagged shape of the upper part, which almost resembles a crest. However, these mushrooms are mainly striking for their appearance, characterized by a bright orange color . Then, their flavor is even more particular, because it is very intense.
Get ready to be delighted by this preserve!
Preparation of the recipe for chanterelles in oil
- After getting these mushrooms , clean them with the help of a small knife.
- Remove any dirt that is stuck and run them under cold running water (quickly). In this way, all dirt residues are eliminated.
- Dry them immediately and then cut them into pieces (of the size and size you prefer).
- Fill a saucepan with water and add the white wine vinegar .
- Move to the stove and start cooking. Meanwhile, add the salt and a clove of garlic .
- When it comes to a boil, add the chanterelle mushrooms and cook for 10 minutes .
- Once cooked, drain the mushrooms and place them on a cloth. Let it rest like this for a whole night , so that it dries completely.
- The next morning, place the mushrooms in glass jars and pour the olive oil inside, covering them completely.
- Seal tightly and put in the pantry, or in a cool, dark place.
Wait at least a month from the preparation of the chanterelle mushrooms in oil, before you can open them and consume them. However, you can keep the jars for up to 6 months , in a cool, dry and dark place.
As you can imagine, we really like mushrooms, even if you have to be careful not to overdo it. Here are our tips on how to cook mushrooms !
Sausage and mushrooms in a pan: a second dish loved by everyone!
For a dish full of flavors, we propose a second course with sausage and mushrooms, to be prepared in a...
Baked cauliflower scented with sage
A seasonal and easy to prepare side dish: baked cauliflower with béchamel scented with sage, perfect to accompany meat dishes....
Tired of the usual side dishes? Try the spinach alla romana
If you don’t know how to cook spinach then this recipe with raisins and pine nuts is perfect for you....
It’s good, soft and simple to make: it’s the legendary focaccia with onions!
Impossible to resist the scent of a freshly baked pan of focaccia with onions. Let’s find out how to prepare...
Embroidered polo shirts: precious allies at work and in your free time
Embroidered polo shirts help to create unique outfits and create personalized clothing for work: how to order them online quickly...
Recipes1 week ago
Salmon nigiri: sushi at your home in a few steps
Recipes1 week ago
French bread miche: “It’s always noon” gives us an ancient recipe
Food1 week ago
All about tamarind: its beneficial effects, its contraindications and how to use it
Fashion1 week ago
Voce Viva, the new fragrance by Valentino: Lady Gaga is the voice and face for the maison