The gluten-free corn cake is a dish that can be enjoyed alone or as an appetizer, very easy to make and with a particular taste.
Do you want a savory pie, but are you tired of the usual preparations? So here is a dish that is certainly different from the usual : the corn cake. This savory pie is prepared with simple canned corn, to which egg, cheese and onion are added, and then cooked throughout the oven.
This dish is very quick to prepare and is also perfect for those who follow a gluten-free diet: try it at home, for sure you won’t regret it!
How to make savory corn pie
- Making this sort of corn pie is very simple: take the corn and drain it from its preservation liquid . Put it in a large bowl and add salt and pepper.
- Add the eggs, grated cheese, chopped chives.
- Also add the chopped onion very finely. Alternatively, you can also first cook the onions in a pan with a drizzle of butter or oil and once they are softened, add them to the preparation.
- Mix everything well, and dilute the mixture with a drop of milk. When you have obtained a thick consistency, arrange everything in a baking dish .
- Cover the surface with grated cheese, breadcrumbs and a pinch of salt.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for about 20 minutes , and once golden on the surface, remove it and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Serve the corn cake still warm. Enjoy your meal!
And if you want to try other recipes with corn, here is our corn with butter , a delicious and easy to make side dish!
This corn quiche can be kept for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid or well covered with cling film. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer even if you have used all fresh products.