Chestnut gnocchi are easy to prepare and delicious, ideal to serve at a family lunch or dinner!
Chestnuts are one of the symbolic products of autumn: excellent to be enjoyed with a good glass of wine but also to be used in the preparation of many dishes such as desserts and first courses. Among these can not miss the chestnut gnocchi, made with chestnut flour , very fine and very tasty.
A nice alternative to the classic recipe, which you don’t have to reserve only for autumn: chestnut flour is available all year round! Let’s now see all the steps of the preparation.
Preparation of gnocchi with chestnut flour
- First of all, dedicate yourself to the preparation of the dough : pour the two flours, sifting them, into a large bowl.
- Add a couple of pinches of salt and slowly start adding the water.
- Knead until you get a soft and compact dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest in the refrigerator for an hour .
- Take the dough, divide it into many sticks then cut them into small pieces with the help of a knife. Shape the gnocchi by passing them over the tines of a fork or the special tool.
- Cook the gnocchi in abundant salted water and melt the butter with the sage in a large pan.
- Now let’s see the dressing for chestnut gnocchi: as soon as the gnocchi rise to the surface, lift them with the help of a skimmer , drain well and sauté them for a few moments in a pan with the butter and sage. Those who love even tastier flavors can finish the dish with a sprinkling of grated Parmesan cheese. Serve and… enjoy your meal!
If you prefer, we leave you all our recipes with chestnuts .
Variant of chestnut and potato gnocchi
Chestnut gnocchi can be made not only with flour, 00 flour and eggs, but also with potatoes. The recipe, to make this product, is not very different from that with only chestnuts. Use 1 kg of potatoes, 1 pinch of salt, 1 egg, 160 g of chestnut flour and 90 g of flour 00 (plus that to flour the work surface). In short, all you have to do is make classic gnocchi by replacing part of the flour, but be careful not to use too much of it so as not to risk them becoming too hard and heavy.
The chestnut gnocchi recipe, made with or without potatoes, can be kept for 2-3 days in the refrigerator (when cooked) and in a container with an airtight lid. You can also freeze them raw on a tray, well spaced, and once ready combine them in a freezer bag, perhaps already portioned.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
To the north of Italy with the delicious Piedmontese mixed fried fish!
Suitable as a main course or as a single dish, this is what must not be missing in the original...
Vegan and sugar-free chestnuts: the recipe for everyone
The vegan and sugar-free castagnaccio is a reinterpretation of the traditional recipe that makes this dessert suitable for everyone and...
Respiratory insufficiency: how to recognize it and what to do when it occurs
Respiratory failure occurs when the respiratory system is unable to maintain the ratio of oxygen to carbon dioxide, causing the...
Christmas appetizers: the best recipes to bring to the table during the holidays
Delicious Christmas appetizers? Meat, fish, vegetables, hot and cold, we have something for all tastes: here are the recipes for...
Mulled wine, the super fragrant drink that warms up the coldest days
Ingredients and recipe for mulled wine, a very easy drink to make, very fragrant and perfect to serve on the...
Fashion1 week ago
The trends of summer 2022 that will be impossible to resist: fashion revival, bright colors and romantic laces
Health1 week ago
Cholinergic urticaria: what it is, how to recognize it and how to treat it
Fashion1 week ago
Old Money Style: the look of the American way of life goes crazy on Tik Tok
Recipes1 week ago
Homemade, fragrant and delicious: but it’s the olive bread!