Preparing chestnuts in a pan is really simple and, once you try it, you will have the opportunity to cook roasted chestnuts in less than 30 minutes.
Who doesn’t like chestnuts? And if we talk about roasted chestnuts it is really difficult to find someone who can resist it. Preparing them at home, however, discourages most: the belief that they are long to cook and not good enough is well established. To demolish these false beliefs we advise you to prepare chestnuts in a pan, ready in 10 minutes , very good and easy to peel.
To make this cooking so fast we will implement a couple of tricks : the first consists in cutting the rounded part of the fruit and the second in soaking them in water for 15 minutes before cooking them. These two steps, together with cooking in a pan with the lid , will allow you to prepare roasted chestnuts in a dream pan.
How to cook chestnuts in a pan
- First, get some beautiful chestnuts , but not too big so as to speed up cooking times.
- Then cut the rounded part of the fruit with a knife, but try to cut only the skin and leave the pulp intact.
- Pour the chestnuts into a bowl and cover them with water, letting them rehydrate for 15 minutes .
- At this point, drain them and, without drying them, place them with the flat side in a pan, side by side.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Check that they have browned well then turn them with the cut down and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Your pan-fried chestnuts are ready to be tasted!
You have seen how simple it is to prepare chestnuts without the pan with holes in it but know that cooking chestnuts in the oven is even more so.
The chestnuts in the pan can be kept, once cooked, for a couple of days . Even if you already know that you will not consume them all immediately after preparation, we advise you to peel them while they are still hot: you will have less effort.