If you are looking for an easy recipe to get closer to Mexican cuisine then try the chicken fajitas and accompany them with tortillas and guacamole.
Since we love to lead you to discover the flavors of the world , giving you all the tools you need to reproduce them in the kitchens of your home, today we decided to take you to the discovery of a unique dish typical of Mexican cuisine : chicken fajitas. This recipe takes its name from the custom of cutting the meat into strips , faja in Spanish, and then grilling them with onion and peppers .
The recipe for chicken fajitas has spread only in recent times as the traditional recipe involved the use of beef . In fact, it was born at the hands of the vaqueros , the Mexican cowboys who received part of their wages in the form of meat scraps. The problem was therefore to make it tasty and find a way to serve it. Here then comes the classic tortillas (wheat or corn) and the as delicious as omnipresent guacamole sauce. Let’s see all the steps for some quick chicken fajitas.
How to make chicken fajitas with the original recipe
- First, cut the chicken breast slices into strips of about 1 cm.
- Then transfer them to a container with a lid, season with a pinch of salt , lime juice and finally pour the beer .
- Let them marinate for an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion and slice it finely. Also cut the peppers into strips after having deprived them of seeds and white filaments.
- Once the meat marinating time has elapsed, you can proceed with the preparation of chicken and vegetable fajitas.
- Heat a grill pan, pour in the oil and cook the vegetables for 10 minutes , stirring occasionally.
- Add the meat drained from the liquid and cook for another 7-8 minutes .
- Serve the chicken and pepperoni fajitas in tortillas with guacamole sauce or on a plate.
How about our Mexican chicken tortillas? We often prepare them when we have little time because after all, cooking is really fast and then you want to add the joy of bringing such a colorful dish to the table?
Mexican fajitas with the original recipe can be kept for 2-3 days . The important thing is to keep the tortillas, the salsa and the chicken cooked with the vegetables separate and assemble everything at the moment.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...