Here’s how to prepare tasty chicken nuggets at home, crunchy and golden like those made in fast food restaurants (actually much tastier and more genuine).
Far and wide, what reigns in fast food places around the world are small, good chicken nuggets. These morsels of meat are as famous as they are tasty, because they are made with a delicious recipe. The inside is made with tender chicken breast , coated with a crunchy breading . After preparing the meat, in fact, you have to wrap it in a tasty batter and then roll it in breadcrumbs .
These little golden nuggets are great to eat with friends. Loved by adults and children, they are easy to prepare even at home. Recreating them, as good as those made in fast food restaurants if not more thanks to quality ingredients, is simple and only takes a few steps. This recipe can be paired with french fries and sauces of all kinds, just like we eat them outside the home. Let’s move to the kitchen!
Preparing the recipe for chicken nuggets
- First, cut the chicken breast meat into pieces .
- Do the same with the bread and cut the onion into wedges as well.
- Take the bowl of a mixer and pour in the chicken, bread and onion. Add a teaspoon of salt and turn to blend .
- Work the mixture until it becomes pasty and manages to detach from the walls of the container.
- After this action, pass the dough into a bowl.
- Prepare the batter . In a bowl, pour the flour , an egg , the milk and a teaspoon of salt .
- Mix with an electric mixer to have a smooth and homogeneous mixture. Cover the bowl with cling film and put it in the fridge.
- At this point, moisten your hands and take a quantity of dough (the one with the meat) at a time. Shape it into a morsel and place it on a tray. Proceed in this way, until the dough runs out and you have about 30 pieces .
- Pour the oil into a saucepan and heat it, making it reach 170 ° C.
- Take the batter from the fridge and start making nuggets. Take one morsel at a time and dip it into the batter. Then, roll it in the breadcrumbs and dip it in the oil to fry it .
- Do this with each nugget and, as you go, place them on a tray covered with absorbent paper.
If you are not fond of frying, you can bake them in the oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes, after having breaded them. Once fried, serve the homemade chicken nuggets piping hot. Also accompany them with tasty sauces, such as traditional mayonnaise and ketchup.
If you use fresh ingredients, you can freeze and heat them as needed.
After enjoying these crunchy nuggets, try the recipe for the special chicken burger !