Meatloaf of chickpeas and leeks enriched with a delicate cream of beetroot and tomato: here is the recipe for preparing a second course that is natural and rich in flavor.
The meatloaf of chickpeas and leeks is ideal for those who want to prepare a second dish different from the usual. This meatloaf, in fact, is not based on meat but is prepared only with chickpeas and vegetables. Excellent to combine with tomato sauce and beetroot, here’s how to prepare it!
Preparation of the meatloaf with legumes and leeks
- To prepare the meatloaf in the oven, start by cleaning celery, carrot and leek, then slice or cut them into cubes of approximately the same size.
- Take a large pan, pour a drizzle of oil on the bottom and brown the sliced leek for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Also add the carrots and celery and leave to flavor for a few minutes.
- Continue adding half a glass of water so as not to burn the vegetables and cook until the vegetables are cooked.
- At this point add the chickpeas, leave to flavor for a few minutes then add a tablespoon of chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and blend everything with an immersion blender, leaving the dough coarse anyway. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, mix and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato and beetroot cream: clean the vegetables and chop finely then cut the beets into cubes.
- Sauté the vegetables over low heat with oil and broth then add the beets and tomato puree.
- Cook for 30 minutes then blend to obtain a homogeneous cream. Season with salt and set aside.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour the chickpea mixture, pour the white wine on the surface and bake at 180 ° for 25-30 minutes . When cooked, remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Brush the surface of the meatloaf with the beetroot cream , sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively there is always the version of the classic meatloaf with meat , if you are not following a strict vegetarian diet we advise you to try it!
This vegetarian meatloaf, perfect for a second tasty and without animal derivatives, can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days and inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...