Meatloaf of chickpeas and leeks enriched with a delicate cream of beetroot and tomato: here is the recipe for preparing a second course that is natural and rich in flavor.
The meatloaf of chickpeas and leeks is ideal for those who want to prepare a second dish different from the usual. This meatloaf, in fact, is not based on meat but is prepared only with chickpeas and vegetables. Excellent to combine with tomato sauce and beetroot, here’s how to prepare it!
Preparation of the meatloaf with legumes and leeks
- To prepare the meatloaf in the oven, start by cleaning celery, carrot and leek, then slice or cut them into cubes of approximately the same size.
- Take a large pan, pour a drizzle of oil on the bottom and brown the sliced leek for a few minutes, stirring constantly.
- Also add the carrots and celery and leave to flavor for a few minutes.
- Continue adding half a glass of water so as not to burn the vegetables and cook until the vegetables are cooked.
- At this point add the chickpeas, leave to flavor for a few minutes then add a tablespoon of chopped parsley, salt and pepper. Turn off the heat and blend everything with an immersion blender, leaving the dough coarse anyway. Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the breadcrumbs, mix and let it cool.
- Meanwhile, prepare the tomato and beetroot cream: clean the vegetables and chop finely then cut the beets into cubes.
- Sauté the vegetables over low heat with oil and broth then add the beets and tomato puree.
- Cook for 30 minutes then blend to obtain a homogeneous cream. Season with salt and set aside.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper and pour the chickpea mixture, pour the white wine on the surface and bake at 180 ° for 25-30 minutes . When cooked, remove from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
- Brush the surface of the meatloaf with the beetroot cream , sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve. Enjoy your meal!
Alternatively there is always the version of the classic meatloaf with meat , if you are not following a strict vegetarian diet we advise you to try it!
This vegetarian meatloaf, perfect for a second tasty and without animal derivatives, can be kept in the refrigerator for about 2-3 days and inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...