The chickpea cream with meatballs is very good: a different appetizer or first course suitable for a thousand variations.
The chickpea cream with millet meatballs is a perfect idea for those who want to prepare a particular appetizer or first course, based on genuine ingredients but rich in taste. If you want to further flavor your chickpea cream you can add 1 teaspoon of curry or paprika powder. Here is the step by step recipe that you will never forget! If you want, you can experiment and change the meatball recipe from time to time.
Let’s go straight to the kitchen and start preparing.
Preparation of chickpea cream with millet croquettes
- Let’s see immediately how to cook the chickpeas: brown the sliced onion in a saucepan with a drizzle of olive oil and the chilli.
- Let it brown for the time necessary for the onion to soften then add the chickpeas.
- Cook for a few minutes then add the hot broth and cook for 15-20 minutes .
- Turn off the heat, blend the chickpeas with an immersion blender, add curry to taste and keep the cream aside.
- Continue preparing the millet meatballs: boil the millet and the diced potato in a pot of water.
- Cook for 20 minutes then drain and let cool completely .
- With a vegetable mill, mash the millet and potatoes in order to obtain a mixture as homogeneous as possible and correct it with salt and pepper.
- Let the potato and millet mix rest in the refrigerator for an hour then form your meatballs by compacting them directly with your hands.
- Pass them in breadcrumbs or flour and fry the meatballs in hot oil for 2 minutes and in the meantime also heat the chickpea cream.
- Serve the meatballs and cream in two separate bowls on the table, so that diners can serve themselves as they like.
Alternatively, there are many other meatball recipes to combine with your legume cream for a quick but substantial first course.
Fried millet meatballs should be eaten at the moment , as the hours go by, in fact, the frying becomes soft and much less palatable. The chickpea cream, on the other hand, can be stored in the refrigerator for about 2 days , remember to place it in a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in frezeer.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...