The chickpea salad with ricotta and cucumber, garnished with cherry tomatoes, is an alternative to the usual rice salad.
The chickpea salad with ricotta and cucumbers is an absolutely summery and fresh dish, even if the chickpeas recall a bit the flavor of winter, when in the evening you warm up with a warm plate of legumes . Nothing could be more wrong: this salad, which must be served strictly cold, brings you summer on your plate, already inviting with its bright colors: the yellow of the chickpeas, the green of the cucumbers and the red of the fresh tomatoes.
Flavored with bay leaves and extra virgin olive oil , this dish is absolutely healthy, natural and also suitable for those who follow a vegetarian diet (not vegan: there is ricotta).
Try it, even without ricotta !!!!
P reparation chickpea salad with cottage cheese and cucumbers
- To prepare your chickpea salad with ricotta and cucumbers, first take care to soak the chickpeas from the night before, so that they already soften a little.
- Put the chickpeas in the pressure cooker together with some bay leaves, a little salt, and cover them with water.
- Cook for about 45 minutes (even 1 hour, depending on the size of the chickpeas).
- Drain and let the chickpeas cool, then pour them into a bowl.
- Cut the cucumber into small pieces, after removing the peel, and also cut the tomatoes into cubes.
- Mix everything, then add the ricotta to taste.
- Complete with plenty of extra virgin olive oil and a sprinkle of red onion.
- Serve your chickpea salad with ricotta and cucumbers as a main course or as a generous first course.
For other recipes with the fresh flavors of summer we recommend the article Five recipes with good and quick cucumbers for a summer in lightness .
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
This salad can be kept for up to half a day in the refrigerator, inside a container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.