If you are looking for a quick and easy dessert that is excellent to serve hot, the chocolate crumble is the right recipe for you. Here’s how it is prepared.
The crumble is a recipe of English origin initially prepared with apples flavored with vanilla and cinnamon. Our version of the chocolate crumble is slightly different because we thought about combining the flavor of apples with that of pears and creating a crunchy chocolate coating.
For the rest, the preparation is not very different from that of the other crumbles, where the fruit is cooked in a pan with sugar and herbs and then transferred to a baking dish. Here the crunchy coating is added which gives the recipe its characteristic appearance. The idea of making a cocoa crumble, let me tell you, is really brilliant, seeing is believing!
How to prepare the chocolate crumble recipe
- First, peel the fruit , core it and cut it into not too large chunks.
- Transfer it to a pan with the sugar and lemon juice and cook until soft. If you like, you can add the seeds of a vanilla bean and ground cinnamon.
- Then transfer everything to the bottom of a baking dish.
- Prepare the crumble by quickly mixing the flour , cocoa , brown sugar and butter with your hands to obtain a crumbled mixture.
- Spread it over the fruit to cover.
- If you like, you can also add a few drops of dark chocolate.
- Cook the crumble at 180 ° C for 40 minutes.
- We recommend serving it hot accompanied with whipped cream or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
If you liked our chocolate recipe, we have selected many other crumble recipes that you should try.
The crumble should be enjoyed on the spot since after a few hours, the moisture released by the fruit tends to compromise its crunchiness. However, if you have any leftover, place it in the refrigerator and consume it within a couple of days.