Excellent for recycling sponge cake but also leftover Pandoro, Christmas cake pops are perfect to enrich your Christmas table.
There are few holidays that, like Christmas, are able to stimulate the imagination and awaken the child in us. Biscuits and biscuits, sweets and large leavened products are the masters but this year your tables will have an extra protagonist, the legendary Christmas cake pops. Beautiful to look at but at the same time very simple to make, they are perfect for a party buffet.
All you need is sponge cake , white or cocoa, and jam of your choice to create the base for the Christmas cake pops and then a little imagination for the topping. We opted for two chocolate glazes, a white one to create the snowmen, and a dark one for the reindeer. It will take very little more to make some beautiful Christmas themed cake pops. Let’s see all the details together.
How to make Christmas cake pops
- First crumble the sponge cake , keeping the white and the cocoa one separate.
- Transfer the crumbs into two different bowls and add the jam , dividing the total amount in half, then 35 g per side. We recommend the apricot one that goes perfectly with both bases.
- Knead with a spoon then take small portions of dough and knead them with your hands to form balls .
- As they are ready, place them on a plate. Then transfer them to the freezer for 30 minutes or to the refrigerator for an hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze by chopping the white and dark chocolate separately.
- Melt them in a bain – marie and transfer them to two glasses.
- Now stick the cold cake pops on a skewer and dip the white ones in the white icing and the dark ones in the dark chocolate icing.
- Place the first courses on a sheet of parchment paper with the skewer facing up, the second ones instead simply place them, spacing them well apart.
- Immediately attach the chocolate pieces of salted pretzels (those used for aperitifs) to the dark cake pops so as to form the reindeer antlers.
- With the sugar paste then recreate the decorations: the nose of the snowman and the reindeer and the eyes of the latter. If you want, to simplify everything, you can only buy white sugar paste and color it with gel dyes. This way you will have much more creative freedom.
- Transfer your cake pops to the refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Then, using a pastry pen, make the final details.
The recipe for Christmas cake pops is really beautiful and if you love to play with your imagination, try our cake pops too !
Cake pops can be stored out of the refrigerator for a couple of days in a cool, dry place. Conversely, it is better to place them in the refrigerator to prevent the icing from melting.