There is no Christmas without sweets and today we reveal how to prepare excellent gluten-free Christmas cookies even in the lactose-free variant.
If you think you have to give up Christmas recipes just because you are celiac, you are very wrong. We don’t like someone to feel discriminated against and that’s why we worked hard to prepare gluten-free Christmas cookies that are simple to make but really delicious . The choice is yours whether or not to decorate them with sugar glaze: they are so good that they will finish in an instant.
In fact, a simple and delicious recipe is just what it takes to inaugurate the holidays and our gluten-free shortcrust cookies are perfect in this sense. However, we could not call them Christmas without the addition of a massive dose of spices : cinnamon, ginger and vanilla will make these cookies a real Christmas dessert.
How to prepare the recipe for gluten-free Christmas cookies
- Combine all the powder ingredients required by the recipe in a bowl: rice flour, sugar, corn starch, cocoa, spices, cream of tartar and vanilla bean seeds.
- Then add the cold butter from the refrigerator simply cut into chunks and the honey and start kneading with your fingertips in order to obtain a crumbled mixture .
- Finally add the eggs and finish kneading. Once you have a dough, wrap it in cling film and let it rest for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough until it reaches half a centimeter thick . We advise you to place it between two sheets of parchment paper to prevent it from sticking.
- With the molds of your choice, make the biscuits and arrange them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Cook at 180 ° C for 12 minutes .
- Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before proceeding with the decoration.
- Mix the icing sugar, egg white and lemon juice and once you have a smooth glaze, transfer it to a pastry pen. If you want you can also color it with gel dye.
Have you seen how simple our gluten-free dessert recipes are? Also try our gluten-free Christmas log and you will not miss anything.
Gluten-free recipes: a variation for Christmas cookies
If you are looking for a way to make gluten and lactose free Christmas cookies then you can put in place a simple substitution. Opt for specific lactose-free butter or use vegetal margarine : in no time at all, our gluten and lactose-free Christmas cookies are ready to be enjoyed.
Store the gluten-free cookies in a tin box or pack them in small plastic bags to create delicious gourmet gifts. They will keep for over a week .
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...