Do you want a very fresh starter? Then you must try the cold starter of cucumbers and tomatoes in tzatziki sauce.
The cold appetizer of cucumbers and tomatoes in tzatziki sauce is a very suitable entrance ticket to open a spring or summer lunch. Tzatziki sauce, despite its somewhat complicated name, is actually the easiest dressing in this world to make. It is just a matter of mixing the various ingredients together, and here you have a fantastic dressing for this tomato and cucumber salad, which you can arrange according to your imagination .
Not only is it suitable as an appetizer, but it can also be a perfect side dish for various fresh main courses , such as fish.
P reparation of tzatziki sauce with tomatoes and cucumbers
- To prepare your cold appetizer, first, take care of the preparation of the sauce.
- In a bowl, pour the natural Greek yogurt and mix very well with the garlic cloves deprived of their internal sprout and well chopped , the chives cut with a knife, a little black pepper and fine salt.
- Squeeze the lemon and extract the juice, which we recommend filtering.
- Pour the lemon juice into the yogurt cream, then cover it with cling film and leave it to rest in the fridge.
- Thinly slice both the tomatoes and cucumbers, season with salt and oil and then serve to your liking with the tzatziki sauce.
- Finally decorated with a sprig of aromatic herbs .
For other recipes with the fresh flavors of summer we recommend the article Five recipes with good and quick cucumbers for a summer in lightness .
ENJOY YOUR MEAL!
The vegetables, if left aside and not mixed with the sauce, can be kept for a maximum of half a day in the refrigerator, well covered with cling film. The sauce can be kept for 2-3 days in the refrigerator at the most. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.