Cold cucumber and potato soup, a vegetable-based first course to be served cold and perfect for summer.
The cold cucumber and potato soup is a first course to be served cold and therefore perfect for those who are also looking for quick summer recipes. In addition to being a first course, this cold cream based on cucumbers and potatoes can also be offered as finger food . In this case you can serve the cream in practical single-portion glasses and thus enrich your quick summer menus.
Preparation of cucumber and potato soup, for cold recipes
- To make the cold summer cucumber and potato soup, start by peeling the potatoes and cucumbers then cut into roughly the same size cubes (leave one cucumber aside for decoration).
- Then finely chop the onion.
- Place a non-stick pan on the stove, heat a drizzle of oil, add the chopped onion and let it brown for a few moments before adding the vegetables and mint leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the hot broth and cook for about 15 minutes, then pass everything with an immersion blender to obtain a creamy mixture.
- Put it back on the heat, add the cream and let it simmer for another five minutes.
- Turn off the heat and let it cool before putting it in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Serve the cold cucumber and potato soup, decorate with fennel and finish with a few slices of cucumber!
If you liked this recipe you can also try the one to prepare the cucumber salad in tzatziki sauce.
This cold cream is very good, and you can keep it for about 2-3 days in the refrigerator in a special container with an airtight lid. We do not recommend freezing in the freezer.