Matching the colors of clothes is not a walk in the park. Let’s discover the golden rules to not miss even a look.
Has it ever happened to you to stay hours and hours in front of the wardrobe with a Hamletic doubt about the combination of the colors of the clothes? Sooner or later it happens to everyone not to be convinced of the shades of a look. Fortunately, there are some golden rules that keep you from making memorable style slips.
Matching colors of clothes: the rules for not making mistakes
For some the color combinations of clothes are child’s play, while for others a real tragedy. Unless you have a total black wardrobe, you too will have found yourself at least once in front of some style doubts. Mixing colors, in fact, is not as simple as it seems. Still, there are some golden rules worth keeping in mind. The first trick, without a shadow of a doubt, is to memorize the sentence: if it exists in nature it means that it is okay . If, for example, you don’t know whether to combine a yellow pullover with black trousers, or vice versa, think about the bee and give yourself an answer. Never mix more than three colors – the slip is around the corner.
Another golden rule is to be guided in the combination of clothing colors using the Itten circle . Based on the starting color of a garment you can find all possible color variations. Remember, then, that black and white can be combined with any other shade, except brown and blue for black. Therefore, when you have a doubt and want to be sure you are not wrong, add black or white. As for the patterned fabrics, on the other hand, try to combine those that are similar, but with contrasting shades.
How to combine colors in clothing: the table
In addition to memorizing the simple rules on the combination of clothing colors , you can also take advantage of the classic table that indicates the combinations of the individual shades. If you are not an expert in the field, however, you will find it difficult to memorize everything correctly. Here’s how to match the colors:
- Beige with blue, brown, emerald, black, red and white;
- Gray with fuchsia, red, purple, pink and blue;
- Pink with brown, white, mint green, olive, gray, turquoise and light blue;
- Fuchsia with gray, yellow-brown, lime, mint green and brown;
- Red with yellow, white, fawn, green, blue and black;
- Tomato Red with cyan, mint green, sand, cream white and gray;
- Cherry red with light blue, gray, light orange, sand, light yellow and beige;
- Raspberry red with white, black and damask rose;
- Brown with bright cyan, cream, pink, fawn, green and beige;
- Light brown with pale yellow, creamy white, blue, green, purple and red;
- Dark brown with lime yellow, cyan, mint green, purple-pink and lime;
- Reddish brown with pink, dark brown, blue, green and purple;
- Orange with cyan, blue, lilac, purple, black and white;
- Light Orange with Gray, Brown and Olive;
- Dark orange with pale yellow, olive, brown and cherry;
- Yellow with blue, lilac, light cyan, purple, gray and black;
- Lemon yellow with cherry red, brown, blue and gray;
- Pale yellow with fuchsia, gray, brown, shades of red, yellowish brown, blue and purple;
- Golden Yellow with gray, brown, blue, red and black;
- Olive with orange, light brown and brown;
- Green with golden brown, orange, salad green, yellow, brown, gray, cream, black and creamy white;
- Green Salad with brown, yellowish brown, fawn, gray, dark blue, red and gray;
- Turquoise with fuchsia, cherry red, yellow, brown, cream and dark purple;
- Electric colors with golden yellow, brown, light brown, gray and silver;
- Cyan with red, gray, brown, orange, pink, white and yellow;
- Dark blue with light lilac, cyan, yellowish green, brown, gray, pale yellow, orange, green, red and white;
- Lilac with orange, pink, dark purple, olive, gray, yellow and white;
- Dark purple with golden brown, pale yellow, gray, turquoise, mint green and light orange.
The colors mentioned above are missing white and black which, as we have already pointed out, are combined with all shades. It is good to underline once again that, if you do not know how to match the colors of the clothes, use black and white: you will not go wrong.
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Baccalà alla cappuccina: a rich dish of the Italian tradition
Cod alla cappuccina is a delicious dish based on fish and polenta, typical of the cuisine of Friuli and Veneto....
Blood loss before your period: what they can indicate
Bleeding before your period can be completely normal. Let's find out why it happens and how to act. When we...
Trout in foil: for a simple and tasty fish dish!
We enjoy a light but very tasty second course, trout in foil, easy to prepare and ideal for fish lovers....
Let’s prepare the babka, the Jewish cake in the shape of a braid
Babka is a leavened cake rich in taste and which is becoming more and more known also in Italy. Let's...
Chickpea cutlet: ingredients and tips for preparing a special dish
The chickpea cutlet recipe is specially designed for those looking for a delicious dish to alternate with meat or fish...