Let’s see what couperose is, what are the causes that trigger it and what are the most effective natural remedies to combat it.
Couperose is a skin lesion that mainly affects the face, characterized by red spots , due to dilation of the blood capillaries . Redness can affect the entire face, but usually focuses mainly on the cheeks, in the area between the cheekbones and the nose.
Couperose on the face mainly affects women and in general people with fair and very sensitive skin. It is a disorder that should not be underestimated, since it could develop into a more serious disease , rosacea, also called acne rosacea, a chronic pathology that affects the skin of the face and that causes redness, inflammation, pustules and vascular lesions.
Let’s see what are the main causes that trigger this problem and what are the best natural remedies to solve the problem.
What is couperose: most frequent causes
It is complex to establish what the causes of this problem are, and there is certainly a genetic predisposition behind the disease. However, there are habits that can exacerbate the symptoms. Among the most common we find:
• Taking certain medications, such as cortisone .
• Prolonged exposure to sunlight, cold, wind and humidity.
• Excessive consumption of alcohol, spicy and spicy foods .
• Lack of vitamins C and PP.
• The excessive production of histamine (often due to factors with a strong emotional impact) which carries out a vasodilating action .
To find the cause of the problem with certainty, however, it is good to go to a dermatologist. Furthermore, it is good to adopt a healthy lifestyle , without excess (especially with regards to smoking, alcohol, coffee, junk food etc.) and avoid aggressive cosmetics that are not suitable for our skin.
Couperose: natural remedies
First of all, it is important to use couperose creams, with a soothing and protective action, based on natural ingredients and thermal water. In case of infected lesions, the dermatologist can prescribe antiseptic and antibiotic creams, to be used only for short periods, so as not to overly sensitize the skin.
Excellent natural remedies are compresses with soothing herbal infusions, such as chamomile, calendula and mallow . Since this is a problem related to capillary fragility, it is also good to take supplements or herbal teas based on centella asiatica, butcher’s broom, blueberry and horse chestnut, which stimulate microcirculation.
The skin with couperose must also be cleansed with delicate and moisturizing products . An excellent tonic is rose water. Alternatively, you can only use thermal water. To protect the skin from sunlight, it is essential to always use a sunscreen cream even in the city. Lastly, a zinc oxide cream can be very useful to buffer redness .
In addition to creams and products, it is also possible to apply face masks. Let’s look at three different ones :
• Red clay face mask. Among the best natural remedies for couperose is red clay. Rich in iron oxide, it stimulates skin regeneration and improves circulation. To prepare the mask, put a spoonful of red clay in a bowl and add a little water, until a homogeneous cream is obtained. For a greater soothing action , you can replace the classic water with rose water. Add a spoonful of olive oil, mix again and finally apply the mask on your face. Leave it on for about 20 minutes, until it begins to dry out, then remove it with warm water.
• Carrot mask. A face mask for sensitive skin that is very easy to prepare is the one based on carrots. Finely chop 200 grams of raw carrots , add a spoonful of white yogurt and mix well. Apply the mixture on the face and keep it on for about half an hour, before rinsing.
• Blueberry mask. Blueberries are rich in antioxidants and are great for making a DIY face mask for redness. Blend a spoonful of blueberries, two spoonfuls of oats and a few spoonfuls of milk, until obtaining a soft cream . Apply it on the face, leave it on for about thirty minutes and then rinse.
How to cover up redness
The first thing to do in case of couperose is to use anti-redness cosmetics . To cleanse your face, use a mild cleanser, followed by a softening tonic. After cleaning, never forget to apply a soothing and protective cream, specific for sensitive skin with rosacea.
Only after taking care of the skin, you can switch to make up. The secret to hiding redness is to use a green concealer . According to the color wheel, in fact, green is the complementary color of red and is therefore able to cancel it.
On the market there are also green primers to be used all over the face before the foundation, to improve the hold of the latter and camouflage redness. If used even on areas that do not present redness, however, they can leave an unsightly greenish tinge on the skin. Better, therefore, to opt for a yellow primer , equally good for disguising redness, but easier to use.
After applying the primer all over the face, a green concealer with a creamy consistency must be applied only to the areas affected by redness (the stick or wafer ones are the best). Blend the green concealer with the brush, always only on redness, without applying too much product. Then cover the green with a beige concealer , the same color as your skin.
After correcting the redness, apply a covering foundation. Too liquid and light foundations not only fail to completely cover redness, but often contain alcohol, which can irritate the skin. Therefore, it is better to choose a creamy or compact product. Finally, fix everything with a transparent or yellow face powder .