Let’s see how to hydrate and nourish chapped, dry and split lips, using natural remedies. There are some that few can imagine!
Chapped lips are a very common complaint, especially in winter. The main causes of dehydration are cold, wind and the use of too aggressive facial cleansers , but sometimes the problem can also be due to vitamin deficiencies and certain medications.
There are many products on the market to moisturize and regenerate dry lips, but the most effective are natural remedies , those that our grandmothers also used. Let’s see some of them!
Chapped lips: scrubs and natural remedies
1. DIY lip scrub. The first thing to do in case of dry lips full of cuticles is a scrub. You can prepare it at home by mixing a teaspoon of sugar, one of honey and one of olive oil. Apply the mix on your lips, rub them gently and then remove the scrub… eating it!
2. Shea Butter. Shea butter is one of the main ingredients in many commercial lip butters. Often, however, it is mixed with chemical and ineffective ingredients, so it’s better to use it pure. Buy shea butter without added fragrances and preservatives and apply it to your lips with your fingers whenever you feel the need.
3. Aloe vera gel. If you have very chapped and cracked lips, aloe gel will help you heal them. To make it more nutritious, mix it with a few drops of jojoba oil. Obviously, make sure both products are pure.
4. Honey. Another natural healing, nourishing and disinfectant product, excellent for split and very dry lips, is honey . Apply some on your lips as needed.
5. Olive oil. If you don’t have any of the ingredients mentioned above at home, you can simply apply a thin layer of olive oil to your lips, preferably in the evening before going to sleep.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/photos/bocca-labbra-labbra-secche-ragazza-2160205/