Let’s see how to hydrate and nourish chapped, dry and split lips, using natural remedies. There are some that few can imagine!
Chapped lips are a very common complaint, especially in winter. The main causes of dehydration are cold, wind and the use of too aggressive facial cleansers , but sometimes the problem can also be due to vitamin deficiencies and certain medications.
There are many products on the market to moisturize and regenerate dry lips, but the most effective are natural remedies , those that our grandmothers also used. Let’s see some of them!
Chapped lips: scrubs and natural remedies
1. DIY lip scrub. The first thing to do in case of dry lips full of cuticles is a scrub. You can prepare it at home by mixing a teaspoon of sugar, one of honey and one of olive oil. Apply the mix on your lips, rub them gently and then remove the scrub… eating it!
2. Shea Butter. Shea butter is one of the main ingredients in many commercial lip butters. Often, however, it is mixed with chemical and ineffective ingredients, so it’s better to use it pure. Buy shea butter without added fragrances and preservatives and apply it to your lips with your fingers whenever you feel the need.
3. Aloe vera gel. If you have very chapped and cracked lips, aloe gel will help you heal them. To make it more nutritious, mix it with a few drops of jojoba oil. Obviously, make sure both products are pure.
4. Honey. Another natural healing, nourishing and disinfectant product, excellent for split and very dry lips, is honey . Apply some on your lips as needed.
5. Olive oil. If you don’t have any of the ingredients mentioned above at home, you can simply apply a thin layer of olive oil to your lips, preferably in the evening before going to sleep.
Photo source: https://pixabay.com/it/photos/bocca-labbra-labbra-secche-ragazza-2160205/
Riproduzione riservata © - WT
Second hand for Christmas gifts? From abroad, the trend that Gen Z likes
Economical and sustainable, the second hand could be the new solution for Christmas gifts. The relationship of consumers and the...
Christmas broccoli: the traditional recipe for holidays
The recipe for Christmas broccoli, an air of celebration on the tables of Christmas Eve or lunch on December 25th....
Catawiki launches the “House of Gucci” auction to tell the story of the maison
To warm the wait for House of Gucci, the history, objects and collections of the house are up for auction...
Have you ever heard of lemon salad?
If you are looking for a light side dish to accompany your richer main courses, the lemon salad is the...
Wheat: why it forms and how to fix it
The wheal is an allergic type manifestation typical of urticaria. Find out how it comes, what it depends on and...
Recipes6 days ago
Homemade vegan pandoro, sweet and tasty
Recipes1 week ago
Gluten-free chestnut ravioli with artichokes
Recipes1 week ago
Vegan Pad Thai: a traditional Thai recipe!
Fashion1 week ago
From “Return to Tiffany” to “Return to Supreme”: how the partnership between the two brands was born